Catherine Risman - MA Relationship Counselling, MBACP (Accredited)
I am an experienced relationship counsellor at Relate Nottinghamshire and specialise in working with individuals and couples with a range of issues, including relationship and communication difficulties, anxiety and depression.
Relationships and the need for connection are fundamental to our well being; I can help you make sense of your difficulties and offer time and space to explore and empower you to make any changes you would like in your life.
In order to help you identify if counselling is right for you, I offer an initial 30 minute telephone consultation free of charge to explore this. We discuss the circumstances that bring you to counselling and how we can work together, for example confidentiality, number and frequency of sessions, fees and any other questions or concerns you may have.
At this point there is no commitment and you can think about whether you wish to continue with counselling.
I welcome you to give me a call on: 07973841743 or click here to send me an email.
These are some of the comments previous clients have made about me:
"Thank you for being there and for listening and caring. It has given me the strength to start moving forward again."
"Your support has been invaluable to me and if I hadn't come to see you, there would have been so much I wouldn't have known or understood."
"Thank you for your empathy and compassion during my recent heartbreak. It was so painful, and our counselling sessions were an absolute lifeline for me."
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters in Relationship Therapy (couples, families and individuals) from Relate Institute (validated by University of Hull, accredited by BACP).
- Accredited Member, British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
- I have undergone extensive further training, including Couples Therapy for Depression (Tavistock Relationships), Emotionally-Focussed Family Therapy and Asperger Syndrome (trained by Maxine Aston).
- Ongoing training and continuous professional development are fundamental to my practice.
- Seven years working for Relate with couples, families and individuals. Expertise in working with couples where one partner has Asperger traits, and also couples where one partner has depression.
- Five years working with parents for Family Lives.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50 Individual counselling.
£65 Couple/Family counselling.
I aim to offer an environment in which you will feel at ease and able to collaborate in the counselling journey; I have expertise in relationship counselling, but you are the acknowledged expert on your own relationships.
I ensure you are informed at every stage about the counselling process and given opportunities to feed back what is most helpful to you.
Working ethically is important to me; I adhere to the BACP code of ethics.
My work is supervised regularly, maintaining client confidentiality. I comply with current data protection legislation and the security of client information is imperative.
My professional development is continual; I attend training courses and workshops on a regular basis.
I am a member of the BACP and also work as a Relate registered practitioner.