Catherine Richardson BA (Hons), MBACP. Individual and Couples Counselling
It would be my pleasure to try to help you. Whether you are looking for short term therapy or require longer, on-going support my aim is to offer you an effective high quality service delivered in an efficient and personable manner.
It can be helpful to talk to someone independent, someone who is not directly involved in your life. Maybe you are feeling distressed or anxious or are struggling with low self-esteem? Or perhaps you just feel as if you have lost your way at the moment? Talking to a professional counsellor can help you process those feelings and emotions and move towards a more contented life.
I will not judge you and I will always work at your pace. My aim is to help and support you in finding your way forward.
I am a qualified psychotherapist providing a professional and confidential service to my clients. I offer a careful balance of support and gentle challenge. I am empathic but focused and will be involved in the process from the very start - this offers you an opportunity to explore your feelings and needs in a supportive and trusting environment.
Even the strongest of relationships can come under pressure at times and this can lead to distress for both parties. Together we can work on your issues, improving communication and understanding as we do so. I will have genuine respect for you both and work in a compassionate and fair-minded way so that you feel equally understood.
What I offer
- A professional and confidential service.
- A warm, genuine and supportive approach.
- A non-judgemental attitude.
- An opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of yourself and the issues that are causing you concern.
- Practical tools to help you manage and move forward.
I work using a combination of Humanistic and Cognitive Behavioural (CBT) approaches. I believe that this offers you the best of both worlds. You may feel your life has lost meaning and this can lead to depression, stress or anxiety. This can sometimes be due to unhelpful or negative thinking (cognitive) patterns and together we can work on these.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundations of Modern Psychology (University of London)
- Research Methods in Psychology (University of London)
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (University of Oxford)
- CBT for Depression and Anxiety (University of Reading)
- Creative Skills in Counselling
- Couples Counselling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My private practice is based in Berkhamsted where I also work within a local NHS organisation. In addition to this I also work at a school in High Wycombe (ages 11-18).
For me, a fundamental part of the counselling process is the therapeutic relationship and I strive to establish this as soon as possible. It is important that you find the right counsellor for you and so if you think you might like to work with me please call and we can discuss your needs on the telephone or arrange an assessment. I really look forward to hearing from you.
Counselling sessions are -
Individual - £50 for 50 minutes
Couples - £65 for 50 minutes
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can offer some evening appointments
Types of client