I am a fully qualified counsellor and a registered member of the British Advisory for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
I am warm and friendly and offer a confidential and non-judgemental service.
As a qualified youth worker, I am able to work with young people from 11 years onward.
I currently work as a counsellor out of The Craven Clinic, Skipton.
I have previously worked as a counsellor at Craven College, Skipton and at Aire Wharfe and Craven Counselling and Therapy, Keighley.
I have experience working with; anxiety, depression, bereavement, eating disorders, trauma, sexual abuse, chronic pain and fybromyalgia.
I receive regular clinical supervision and work to the code of ethics of the BACP.
I hold a current enhanced disclosure (DBS).
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma Counselling & Psychotherapy - Leeds Beckett University BACP Accredited Course
- Basic Awareness in Child Protection-North Yorkshire Safeguarding Board
- Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling Skills - Leeds Beckett University
- Masters in Health & Community Development-Leicester de Montfort University
- BA (hons) Youth & Community Work - Leicester de Montfort University
- BA (hons) Creative Arts- Manchester Metropolitan University
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
I charge £45 per 50 minute session and presently have availability at Craven Clinic, Skipton on a Wednesday daytime 9 am until 6 pm and Thursday daytime 9 am until 5.30 pm.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wednesday daytime 9 am until 6 pm, Thursday daytime 9 am until 5.30 pm.
Types of client