Brian Hone - Snr,Accred Psychotherapist/Counsellor MBACP/UKRCP.
My aim is to help people to gain a greater understanding of why they feel the way they do, and as a consequence manage situations and their lives differently. I work with both adults and couples. Powerful feelings of sadness, worthlessness, self hatred, emptiness, disconnection and inadequacy can impact on our very sense of being alive, in our relationships and our work. These deep seated feelings may create self destructive patterns of behaviours which may result in constant feelings of irritation, conflicts, anger outbursts, drug and alcohol problems and ultimately separation and ultimately divorce.
I am an experienced Analytical Psychotherapist of 33 years. I have extensive experience working in Mental Health and in Private Practice, with people suffering a wide range of emotional difficulties ranging from, Bipolar, Schizophrenia, Clinical Depression, Eroticised Asphyxiation, Anger management, Body Dysmorphia, Addictive personalities including drugs and alcohol, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Phobias, Identity problems, Anxiety and panic attacks, PTSD, Eating disorders, Low self esteem, Sexuality, work related issues.
I also see clients on Saturdays.
Training, qualifications & experience
Advanced Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy. RSA Combined Certificate in Counselling Skills & Theory.
“Introduction to Counselling Skills”
“Counselling Skills” Guy’s Hospital.
“Oedipal Training” WPFoundation
“RSA Counselling Skills”
“Assessment Training” WPFoundation.
“Love hate and the Erotic” WPFoundation.
“BACP Ethical Framework” WPFoundation.
“Working with Adults Sexual Abuse as Children” WPFoundation.
“Freud and Philosophy” WPFoundation.
“Forgiveness: is it really possible” WPFoundation
“Who’s Afraid Of Lacan” WPFoundation.
“Thought Transformation and “O” an Introduction to Bion” WPFoundation.
“Thinking and eating Disorders” WPFoundation.
“Working with Adults Sexually Abused as Children” Workshop 2 WPFoundation
“The sexual Woman” WPFoundation.
“Dealing with Difficultness.” WPFoundation.
“An Introduction To Judith Butler & Queer Theory” WPFoundation.
“Unconscious Processes in Couple Counselling” WPFoundation.
“Judith Butler & Queer Theory Workshop 2” WPFoundation.
“Working with Lesbian, gay or Bisexual Services Users” Metro Centre.
“Training on Human Rights” Metro Centre.
“Brief-Focused Therapy” Metro Centre
“The Suicidal Client” WPFoundation.
“Men, Women, Passion and Power” WPFoundation.
“Mind-Brain Relationship” WPFoundation.
“Hate and Containment” WPFoundation.
“Family Transitions: Learning from Research and Intervention Studies”
Christopher Clulow. Tavistock Centre for Couple relationships.
Extensive clinical experience of working with the following presenting problems:
- Working one-to-one for general emotional & Relationship Difficulties, such as Stress & Depression.
- Counselling with Marital Difficulties including coping with Separation and Divorce. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Critical Incident Debriefing.
- Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
- Serious alcohol and drug additions
- Eating Disorders.
- Personality Disorders.
- Existential Anxiety
- Identity and Sexuality.
- Schizophrenia and other Psychotic Disorders.
- Autoerotic Asphyxiation Syndrome.
- Manic Depressive Personality Disorder
- Obsessional Compulsive Disorder, Phobia’s, Anxiety & Panic attacks.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Fees (per one hour session): £60.00 £70.00 for couples (concessions available)
Saturday appointments available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training