Benjamin Marr (MBACP, UKCP)
“You can’t change what’s going on around you, until you start changing what’s going on within you” Benjamin Marr, Psychotherapist.
My name is Benjamin and I have been a practising psychotherapist & counsellor for the past 26 years. I have also written for the ‘Attachment Journal’ which is published by Karnac Books.
In this time I have worked with numerous client groups, and conducted training and supervision.
What is Relational Psychotherapy?
Relational Psychotherapy is based on the idea that who we are and how we relate to others is formed early on. When we come to understand what we believe to be true about ourselves, we realise as well, that these beliefs come from the messages/responses others gave us at a very young age. Questioning these beliefs makes changes possible. The process of bridging the old ways with the new. Hence, the emphasis on the word – relational.
How can I help you?
My approach to psychotherapy is one of a deep belief in the clients ability to heal, resolve issues and move forward towards a positive ending. I work openly with all communities and have extensive experience with LGBT people and people with disabilities. I am able to provide a non-judgemental environment that is also caring and safe. This allows change to happen in a way that suits the client.
I can also help with:
Immune Related conditions.
Addiction (including porn addiction).
Loss & Bereavement.
This list is not exhaustive, so please get in contact with me, to discuss your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 1991: BA (hons) English, Drama and History of Art, Trinity College, Dublin
- 1992: Eurhythmy Class Observation Course, Rudolf Steiner School, Jarmä
- 1992: Masters of Drama and Theatre, University of London
- 1993: Creative Arts Therapy Course, University of Hertfordshire
- 1994: Intermediate Dance Therapy Course, Laban Centre for Movement and Dance
- 1995: Introductory Course on Psychodynamic Counselling for Lesbians and Gay Men, Birkbeck College, University of London
- 1998: Transactional Analysis 101 Instructor Qualification, Institute of Transactional Analysis, London
- 2003: Attachment-based Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Course, The Bowlby Centre, London
- 2005-2017: Registered with the Bowlby Centre and the UKCP as an Attachment-based Psychoanalytical Psychotherapist
- 2006: Registered member of The Institute of Psychotherapy and Disability
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
I have a sliding scale when it comes to fees: £35-£55, however this is always negotiable.
I am currently insured with Towergate Professional Liability Insurers.
Areas I specialise in include:
Addiction and substance abuse.
Loss and Grief.
Sex therapy, marriage counselling and relationships.
Sex and porn addiction.
Creative therapy (Art, music, dance and drama).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|