Ben Evers MBACP, BA (Hons). Teenage Counsellor and Self Esteem Coach
Hello, my name is Ben and I once went to counselling myself. I remember how daunting it was walking into my first session. I could not believe I needed to go to speak to a counsellor but I felt very low, even depressed. Do you feel like this? My journey took me from a place of needing some mental health help to feeling much better. I had more energy, set some new goals and re-found my feet. My anxiety dropped and I started to learn how to cope with everyday life much better.
Counselling is not always a quick fix but it can offer you the framework to find your feet again. Imagine standing outside a climbing frame with nothing to hold on to. I can help you build the frame around you, piece by piece, to help you rediscover yourself and hopefully allow you to reach the dreams and goals you have in life.
The way I counsel is through the person centered method (please copy and paste this wesbite www.bacp.co.uk/about-therapy/types-of-therapy/person-centred-counselling/ for further information). Either online or by walking and talking (exercise in Covid times). May it be you are feeling low or you are finding life tough, I will remain non-judgmental but help you explore what it is that has brought you to talk to me. I always remain empathetic and am here to help.
Why me? Well it took me most of my life to realise I am a very good listener . I have always been a better listener than talker and after attending a course in London ran by a Psychologist from Australia it sparked my mind into a new place. . I had found the next step to take in my life. This passion I found through my life's journey allowed me to move forward and that is exactly what I want for you too. You might be stuck at that door and cannot push it open. I hope to help you find the key to continue to reach your goals and dreams
I also use CBT, Transactional Analysis, coaching and solution focused methods to help meet the needs of my clients. I use mindfulness techniques and walking and talking, whatever works, to help each and every one of you. I believe in building relationships with all the people that I meet, listening intently to their individual stories and letting their journey begin. I am a registered member of the BACP.
I have gained experience in the following areas.
- Volunteered for Bucks Mind and Time to Talk counselling children and adults in the local community.
- Overseen the wellbeing of teenagers in my varying roles in schools. I gained a excellent understanding of teens/younger years and the causes of the potential build-up of problems including anxiety, depression, exam/academic pressures, friendship issues and pupils with low self esteem.
- In the last two years I have set up self-esteem clubs for different age teenagers. This lead to me training to be a SELF ESTEEM COACH and if you look at my website I also offer this as an alternative to counselling.
- I've worked with the minority section of the school community including the international students. With so many pupils in school, every relationship worked upon is the catalyst for potential change and I thrive on building these relationships.
- I thrive to always go above and beyond the wellbeing of the pupils with Special Educational Needs in School. I have helped pupils with ADHD, Dyslexia and ADD.
Training, qualifications & experience
Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling 2020
BA Hons Degree with QTS (20 years)
I wanted to take this opportunity to say the most enormous thank you. You have helped him accept himself in a new way....you picked up the pieces when I as a parent could not.
Thank you so much for all your help and support over the last 10 weeks. I really appreciate how much you have done for me. You are amazing!
(1) Moving Your Practice Online
(2) Up to date Safeguarding training
(3) First Aid qualified
(4) Eating Disorders in Men
(5) Suicide Awareness Training
(6) Young People and their Mental Health
(7) Digital Wellbeing
(1) Completed an action research project on the effects of School Based Counselling.
(2) Self Harm - Facts and Signs.
Supporting pupils through loss, divorce and mental health issues (BSA)
(1) Assessing pupils at risk (BSA)
(2) Coaching - Methods of Interaction when Coaching.
Improving provision and support for pupils with learning difficulties.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Self Esteem Coaching £15
Concessions offered for
Flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Call me on 07817 341910
Email me on email@example.com
Please call or email me if you would like any further information.