I believe that all of us can get stuck sometimes, that we may need someone else with us to think out aloud, find a different view, make sense of our experiences and express emotions as well as thoughts that we feel not safe to express in our daily life.
I am passionate about helping you find your individual path to improved mental health. Part of this might be supporting you in discovering choices and resources which help you live.
What I can help with:
- Anxiety: My heart is racing. My breath is shallow.
- Stress: I feel overloaded.
- Depression: I have no energy. I lost motivation. The black dog that sits on me.
- Trauma: I do not feel safe anymore.
- Loss and Grief: Someone or something I had is gone. It has left an emptiness that hurts.
- Stuck-ness: I am trying hard to find a solution, but I keep going around in circles.
- Confusion: My head is in a muddle. I need time and space to think.
- Overwhelm: I cannot cope.
- Self-esteem: I am not good enough
- Shame: I am unlovable. I am a mistake.
- Loneliness: I feel separate. I do not fit in. There is no one I can talk to. No one understands me.
I am always happy to answer any questions you might have or to organise a first meeting. Just contact me and we can find out how I might be able to support you.
Training, qualifications & experience
DipHE Humanistic Gestalt Counselling
I am a qualified Gestalt counsellor. Gestalt counselling is a holistic approach, which means that the counsellor understands a person as a whole including the relationship between them and their world. Gestalt counsellors focus on the here and now, examining current thoughts, behaviour and feelings in order to help a client gain awareness of how they relate to events and people. This awareness is crucial in bringing about change. Most important to this approach is the relationship between client and counsellor.
I trained and continue to work at the Olive Branch in Winchester.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
There is no charge for an initial phone conversation, which gives you the opportunity to ask any questions. Subsequent sessions are charged at a rate of £50 per 50 minute session.
I am an individual member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I am bound by its Ethical Framework. My work is supervised by a senior practitioner.
Interests continuous professional development
Neuroscience in Counselling
Expressive Arts and Movement in Counselling
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday
Types of client