Annie Ryan MBACP Adv Couns Dip. Working with Adults and Adolescents
Hello I'm Annie,
I work with adults and adolescents, both long or short term. I qualified 11 years ago, work privately and also for MIND as a volunteer.
I work with a wide range of issues conveying warmth and non judgemental listening in a peaceful, comfortable and confidential space for you to share your issues, conveying warmth and listening without judgement. Together we can work on issues that you bring, finding solutions, understanding yourself more deeply, focusing more clearly, effecting change and working toward your goals. We will work at a pace that entirely suits you. Speaking freely and being heard completely can feel invaluable
So if you feel overwhelmed with any aspects of your life at the moment I would welcome the opportunity to provide you with support at this time.
I offer weekly and fortnightly sessions. Early morning, daytime and evening appointments.
If you would like to make an appointment please call or email me. I look forward to meeting you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Voluntary Counsellor for MIND
- The Gifts and Wounds of a Father
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling (BACP Accredited Course)
- Christine Sanderson's Family Matters Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse (EPSAT)
- Primary & Secondary Attachment Led by Sir Richard Bowlby
- Counselling Skills (Progressive Personal Awareness) (OCN)
- Level 2 Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
- Introduction to Basic Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
- Grieving Children Loss and Bereavement Certificate
- Mentor Training Dartford Technology College
- Cruse Bereavement Care
- Bereavement by Suicide Workshop Certificate
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Emotional impact of Stroke Rehabilitation.
Coping with Brain Injury and the change in Personality.
The impact of caring for a family member who suffers from Dementia.
I specialise in dealing with survivors of sexual abuse
Individual Counselling £40 per session
Please ask about concessions if you are experiencing financial hardship.
I adhere and abide by the Code and Ethical Framework of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy).
I hold an enhanced DBS Certificate.
I hold both Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evenings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|