Anna Udine - MBACP, HDip Couns
Hi, I'm Anna, I have been working successfully in an online capacity for around a decade. I am pleased to be able to bring you a counselling service providing you with both telephone and online sessions.
No matter what difficulties you are facing; relationship issues, anxiety, work stress, childhood abuse, I will help you explore your thoughts, beliefs and emotions in order to help you find your way through this difficult time using a variety of approaches to help you achieve some resolution.
Working online can feel strange if you have only had face-to-face therapy and changing the way you participate in therapy may be a challenge for you – but I would like to let you know that many people who have tried online therapy have found that they enjoy the freedom it gives them, and not having to rush to or from an appointment in busy traffic.
Establishing some guidelines for online work
- You will need a quiet place to talk, free from distractions. You will need to have your time dedicated to you session and still want confidentiality Connecting in a public space, a library for instance is not going to work. Use headphones to improve both confidentiality and sound quality.
- You will need a high speed internet connection. Many are used to using Skype or Hangouts for video chatting, but online counselling requires you to use a secure platform from a home hub.
- In case of technical difficulties arising during the session, it is important to have an alternative plan. Having a fixed alternative ensures your session continues and you and you are not left stranded.
I use Zoom and this can be accessed from all pc’s, laptops, smartphones and apple-phones at no cost. If you would like to book an appointment please get in touch.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Experience in a well established Practice
- Higher Diploma in Counselling Practice Level 5
- Advanced Certificate in Counselling Level 4
- Intermediate Certificate in Counselling Level 3
- Advanced Certificate in Clinical Couples Therapy
- Experience working with couples
- OCST Certified Practitioner in Online Counselling
- Diploma in Relaxation Therapy
- Fully registered member of the BACP, British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I am qualified in, and offer a wide range of online counselling, using video and email-based counselling.
Email counselling is structured, and it can be beneficial for many reasons
- disability, home-bound for other reasons
- travel difficulties, issues accessing public transport, no transport available
- agoraphobia, panic and high anxiety in new situations
- privacy issues, a need for identity to remain concealed
Sessions from first contact are done via email or at times via a messaging service. Everything is done online and at no time is there a need to meet or use telephone.
This service is good for people who are already used to using a keyboard and who have a developed sense of communicating thoughts and feelings using the typed word.
It can also be beneficial to have email responses that you can re-read.
Many people will have some knowledge of Zoom or another video app, this type of counselling allows a feeling of being more connected in the moment than telephone, for some people this can feel really helpful to the process.
Whatever kind of online counselling you prefer, please let me know in your initial contact what it is specifically you are wanting to try, as the initial process is different depending on the therapy. Thank you.
- £40 individual
- £55 couples per hour
I offer reduced rates for trainee counsellors.
Concessions available to 'current clients' who have been working with me for a time.