Anna Udine - Professional Counsellor
Hi, I'm Anna and I'm a qualified, integrative counselling therapist. Integrative Therapy simply means that I use different methods during therapy, tailored to fit you. I have been delivering an online counselling service for many years, and I'm pleased to be able to continue providing online sessions via video call, Zoom and telephone sessions.
I work with many issues, including anxiety and relationship issues. I have experience, training and qualifications in these specialised areas of work.
In couples counselling there is a recognition that relationships are a lot more difficult and take a lot more energy than any of us like to admit. With the honeymoon period a distant memory there can be a whole host of issues arising from our ideas or expectations of how things should be. This can be a confusing time as we become so caught up in what we believe that it becomes more and more uncomfortable to make ourselves understood or heard, so we stop trying, or we stop communicating in a healthy way! Counselling gives couples some distance and some space in order to confront what their issues really are! Working towards better communication, a healthy connection and mutual respect the process of therapy allows for growth and repair.
So no matter what difficulties you are facing right now, I will help you find your way through this difficult time using a variety of approaches and strategiesso you may improve how you feel, achieve some resolution and begin to live your life more comfortably.
Confidentiality, ethics and supervision
As a professional, I adhere to the ethics and standards of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and as such I regularly have supervision. All my client work, however, remains confidential and I take very seriously my part in keeping your personal information private.
Zoom - Meeting via video link is something many of us are used to, especially since the beginning of 2020.
Clients have found ...
- their counselling sessions online via zoom, have felt 'surprisingly comfortable’
- they were hesitant to try online therapy and found that they enjoy the freedom it gives them
- beneficial not having to rush to or from appointments in busy traffic
- a lot of time saved by not having to travel
If you would like to book an appointment please get in touch.
It is important to establish some guidelines for online work
- You will need a quiet place to talk, free from distractions. You will need to have your time dedicated to your session and still want confidentiality Connecting in a public space, a library for instance is not going to work. Use headphones to improve both confidentiality and sound quality.
- You will need a high-speed internet connection. Many are used to using Skype or Hangouts for video chatting, but online counselling requires you to use a secure platform from a home hub.
- In case of technical difficulties arising during the session, it is important to have an alternative plan. Having a fixed alternative ensures your session continues and you and you are not left stranded.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Experience in a well established Practice
- Higher Diploma in Counselling Practice Level 5
- Advanced Certificate in Counselling Level 4
- Intermediate Certificate in Counselling Level 3
- Advanced Certificate in Clinical Couples Therapy
- Experience working with couples
- OCST Certified Practitioner in Online Counselling
- Diploma in Relaxation Therapy
- Fully registered member of the BACP, British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I work in an online capacity, offering an integrative approach via online counselling, using video, telephone and email-based counselling.
Email counselling is structured, and it can be beneficial for many reasons
- disability, home-bound for other reasons
- travel difficulties, issues accessing public transport, no transport available
- agoraphobia, panic and high anxiety in new situations
- privacy issues, a need for identity to remain concealed
Sessions from first contact are done via email or at times via a messaging service. Everything is done online and at no time is there a need to meet or use telephone.
This service is good for people who are already used to using a keyboard and who have a developed sense of communicating thoughts and feelings using the typed word.
It can also be beneficial to have email responses that you can re-read.
Many people will have some knowledge of Zoom or another video app, this type of counselling allows a feeling of being more connected in the moment than telephone, for some people this can feel really helpful to the process.
Whatever kind of online counselling you prefer, please let me know in your initial contact what it is specifically you are wanting to try, as the initial process is different depending on the therapy. Thank you.
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
- £40 individual
- £55 couples per hour
I offer reduced rates for trainee counsellors.
'When possible' I offer concessions to people on a low wage.
My normal work days are Monday through to Thursday, from 9am-7pm and Friday 9 to 1pm