Ann Laungani, PG.Dip.Counselling and Psychotherapy, BACP Registered member
- I am an integrative counsellor using a range of approaches to suit your individual needs. I have experience of working in the NHS with clients from different cultures and backgrounds.
- If you are feeling depressed, anxious, stuck or overwhelmed in your life, and and nothing is working out, taking the first step and seeking counselling opens a door.
- I work with clients to help them gain awareness and insight into their feelings, emotions and actions and bring about change and self acceptance. This can help you live a more satisfying,balanced life
- When things happen which are traumatic, such as bereavement, loss - a job, relationship, illness, confidence, body image, anger, depression, disordered eating and more, which might be personal to you; these events and feelings can sabotage and block your development, and you may feel you are not the person you really want to be.
- You might also want to explore and question how you are living your life and if it could it be different?
- The process of counselling can work to improve relationships with yourself and others and enable you to live your life in a more positive, healthy, and peaceful way with increased resilience when the going gets tough or conflicts arise.
How can Counselling and Psychotherapy Help?
Talking with a qualified person, perhaps for the first time, in sharing your feelings in a confidential, non-judgmental setting can help you gain a better perspective on who you are, where you are in your life and help you change or accept yourself more. Sometimes individuals feel great relief in speaking about something previously unspoken. An exploration of your way of thinking can stimulate your ability to reflect on your thoughts and actions.
How do I work?
I see the benefits of working in a relational way which requires your involvement to explore yourself and specific needs for counselling and finding ways to improve your health. In this you will be able to learn in your own time to trust your own choices and decisions. I see the therapeutic relationship as primary to effective work. Exploring early experiences can help put the present in perspective. Practical approaches to change and habit can also be developed and you may wish to identify goals for yourself. I can also help you work with mindfulness for day to day living.
My training included pyschodynamic,existential and humanistic approaches, I work according to the needs, lifestyle and culture of the individual, rather than imposing a specific approach on clients.
I work to the ethical guidelines of the BACP and I am committed to Continuing Professional Development.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma - Counselling and Psychotherapy, Roehampton University 2011
- Advanced Practitioner Course, Counselling and Psychotherapy, Roehampton University 2012-2013
- Foundation Course, Group Psychoanlytic Training, Insititute of Group Psychoanalysis, London. 2013/2014
- Eating Disorders and Obesity, National Centre for Eating Disorders. London 2015
- Understanding Your Eating. London 2015
- Marriage Care, Relationship and Couple Counselling. 2017 ongoing.
- I have had over 10 years experience working in Central London Community Health Trust with NHS staff with depression,bereavement, post traumatic stress, anxiety, work and personal stress, personality disorder, loss - illness, cultural identity, relationship problems.
- I originally obtained my RGN before moving on to gain qualifications and work in health visiting, nurse teaching and quality management in the NHS.
- I obtained an MSc in Public Service Management from South Bank University and worked in the NHS to develop strategies for managing stress in the workplace and improving the health of employees.
- I was also one of the first tranche of volunteers on the Royal College of Physicians Patient/Carer network where I represented patients interests on medical committees and raised patient concerns about the quality of their care. My nursing background has given me considerable interest in psychological issues relating to both acute and long term illness and disability.
- I have had experience of working with clients from a range of different cultures, and welcome cultural difference.
- I work to the BACP Code of Ethics and to ensuring my Continuing Professional Development and Supervision.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- £55 per 50 minute session, some concessions according to income.
Please call me for a telephone discussion if you wish prior to the first assessment appointment.
24 hours notice is required for cancellation of appointments, otherwise the fee is payable, but where possible the appointment is re-scheduled
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
10.0am -7.0 pm Monday-Friday, Saturday 11-1pm
Types of client