Ann Finucane MBACP
Hello my name is Ann and I’m guessing if you are reading this, you are thinking about counselling. I am a qualified professional counsellor/psychotherapist, a member of the BACP (registration no. 350562). Originally I am from County Clare, Ireland but today I live and work from Rugeley, Staffordshire.
More importantly right now you may be thinking of finding a counsellor that you feel understands and connects with you. I am a trained person centred / integrative counsellor and psychotherapist, which means that I will draw on different approaches while focusing on your needs.
I work with young adults, adults and the elderly to make sense of the realities that life presents us with. All counselling / psychotherapy sessions take place in my purpose built practice Nora House in Brereton, Rugeley, Staffordshire. The practice has two therapy rooms, wheelchair access, off road parking and easily accessible.
I understand the uncertainty of the initial search for a counsellor, therefore it may help you to know that our first initial meeting is free. This gives you the opportunity to meet me and talk about your reasons for accessing counselling. I can tell you how we could work together and ultimately this gives you the opportunity to experience if we can connect with each other.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling 2017. (Staffordshire University)
- Certificate in counselling 2015.
- Certificate in Mindfulness 2017.
- Training in Suicide awareness.
- Training in Anxiety and Depression.
- Training in couple counselling.
- Training in Mental Health.
- Vocational Training.
- Training in Domestic Violence.
- Training in Sexual Abuse.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
My fees are
An Initial Assessment is free (30mins)
Individuals £45 (60mins)
I have a deep understanding and respect for the vulnerability of the client and I am here to help you get through the tough times.
I am fully insured and I am a member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP). As such, I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework - http://www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework/
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday | 9.00am - 7.00pm
Types of client