Ann Finucane MBACP
Hello my name is Ann and I’m guessing if you are reading this, you are thinking about counselling. I am a qualified professional counsellor/psychotherapist, a member of the BACP (registration no. 350562). Originally I am from County Clare, Ireland but today I live and work from Rugeley, Staffordshire.
More importantly right now you may be thinking of finding a counsellor that you feel understands and connects with you. I am a trained person centred / integrative counsellor and psychotherapist, which means that I will draw on different approaches while focusing on your needs.
I work with young adults, adults and the elderly to make sense of the realities that life presents us with. All counselling / psychotherapy sessions take place in my purpose built practice Nora House in Brereton, Rugeley, Staffordshire. The practice has two therapy rooms, wheelchair access, off road parking and easily accessible.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling 2017. (Staffordshire University)
- Certificate in counselling 2015.
- Certificate in Mindfulness 2017.
- Training in Suicide awareness.
- Training in Anxiety and Depression.
- Training in couple counselling.
- Training in Mental Health.
- Vocational Training.
- Training in Domestic Violence.
- Training in Sexual Abuse.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Photos & videos
My fees are
Individuals £45 (60min)
Couples £60 (60min )
I have a deep understanding and respect for the vulnerability of the client and I am here to help you get through the tough times.
I am fully insured and I am a member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP). As such, I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework - http://www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework/
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday | 9.00am - 7.00pm
Types of client