Andrea Clarke MBACP Amber Therapy
As Coronavirus spreads across the UK, disruptions to work, living situations, schools, and daily routines have added additional strains and stressors to everyone’s lives.
If you are struggling, counselling can help you regain control and relief from distressing psychological or emotional symptoms triggered by this pandemic.
Reactions that can occur during Pandemic and Quarantine Situations
- Feelings of isolation and hopelessness
- Anxious uncertainty regarding work and finances
- Relationship stress and conflict triggered from being confined
- Anxiety around separation and/or caring for people who are unwell
- Children displaying challenging problematic behaviour
- Difficulty coping with unexpected loss
- Increased levels of anxiety and panic
- Obsessive-compulsive habits escalating
- PTSD symptoms being triggered unexpectedly
- Uncontrollable anxiety
- Hypervigilance, overcautious, wary
- Fear of Contagion
How can Counselling Help during Quarantine & Pandemic?
- Counselling can powerfully help you to regain control and feel more able to navigate this difficult time. Here are some of the ways in which our team of psychotherapists can help you develop the ability to:
- Reduce and better manage anxiety, panic, distressful thoughts and feelings
- Reduce and prevent increases in symptoms of depression
- Cope more easily and comfortably with enforced isolation
- Cope better with uncertainties regarding work and finances
- Managing relationship stressors and conflict constructively
- Maintain and/or develop positive communication and relationship strategies for coping
- better together (including remotely)
- Gain relief from separation anxiety
- Better manage children displaying problematic behaviour and emotions
- Cope with unexpected bereavement
- Reduce PTSD symptoms being triggered
- Calm and reduce the intensity of obsessive compulsions, thinking and fears
Amber Therapy is located in Croxley Green, with ample parking and good connections to bus and tube routes. My therapy room is a calm and private space, where we can explore what is troubling you and find ways to manage and cope with the stresses that day to day life can bring.
As an Integrative Counsellor I work as a Person-Centred therapist, using Humanistic, Psychodynamic and Cognitive Behaviour theories.
If you would like more information please visit my Facebook and Instagram page: Amber Therapy Croxley Green.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Andrea Clarke MBACP
Training, qualifications & experience
Counselling for teenagers and young people - Exploring and supporting coping mechanisms to deal with the stresses of everyday life such as social media pressure, bullying and exam/school pressures and expectations.
Mental Health Issues - Coping Strategy development for Autism, ADHD, Asperger's Syndrome, Personality Disorders, Panic Attacks and Generalised Anxiety Disorder.
Marriage crisis - Support with all aspects of marriage difficulties or breakdowns.
Domestic violence - Exploring ways to break patterns of behaviours with victims or perpetrators.
Parenting support - Exploring and developing strategies to cope with children's challenging behaviours, and developing skills to support your child through difficulty times.
Relationship issues - Exploring difficulties we face in all types of relationships.
Trauma - Support while reflecting, coming to terms with and moving on from a traumatic experience such as abuse, bereavement or loss.
Anger management - Developing a healthier way to live with anger.
CPBAC Counselling Skills Level 1 and 2
CPBAC Counselling Studies Level 3
CPBAC Level 4 Counselling Diploma
BACP Certificate of Proficiency
KCA My baby's brain
KCA Associates Vulnerability, Trauma and Recovery
KCA Associates Attachment, Trauma and Resilience
KCA Associates Promoting learning for vulnerable children
KCA Associates Baby development and positive parenting
HCC Toxic relationships
Keys Self harm
Keys Sexual exploitation in young people
Keys Understanding Self-harm
ADHD and Autism
FF Protective Behaviours
Managing drug and alcohol abuse
Alternatives abortion awareness
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
£30 Telephone Counselling (30 minutes)
£45 Child and Adolescent Counselling (40 minutes)
£50 Adult individual counselling per session (50 minutes)
£60 Couple counselling per session (50 minutes)
£65 Family Therapy (60 minutes)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer daytime, evening and weekend appointments, including Sundays
Types of client