Amanda Hart MBACP, CNHC Reg., NCFED Affiliate
Professional, caring and confidential counselling/psychotherapy, clinical hypnotherapy and coaching for adults, couples and groups/organisations. I provide support to my clients so that they can manage and deal with all sorts of issues encountered in their everyday life. I aim to help my clients to make the most of their strengths and resources in order to overcome difficulties they may be going through, or simply to help them be themselves… but even better. The types of issues that I help clients with include:
- anxiety, stress, panic
- Negative thinking, worry
- fears and phobias
- eating disorders and body image/body dysmorphia
- self esteem and confidence
- depression and low mood
- problem habits and addictions
- suicidal feelings and ideation
- relationship and communication issues
- coping with chronic pain or health problems
- lifestyle improvements
- performance improvement (sports, business, social etc.)
- managing conflict and anger
- workplace conflict resolution
I hold a Master Practitioner qualification in eating disorders and obesity from the National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED) and have done supplementary training for working with eating disorders with the Maudsley Hospital and Kings College/IoPPN for working with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, purging disorder, obesity and body dysmorphia.
I hold a diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy and am an Advanced Practitioner in Brainworking Recursive Therapy (BWRT®) - a powerful and rapid style of working that works with the brain's neuro-plasticity to enable people to achieve the changes they desire.
I have significant experience of working with people dealing with mental health issues and am a voluntary counsellor for Mind, the mental health charity (www,mind.org.uk). I am on the board of the charity Eating Disorders Support.
I also offer a transformational life coaching programme for those wishing to solve specific problems or achieve specific goals. Using a combination of personality profiling, goal setting and project management techniques alongside therapeutic interventions makes this a powerful and motivational experience.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, specialising in Solution Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Schema Therapy, Transactional Analysis and Relationship counselling. The counselling methods that I use are systemic approaches, which means that they are helpful for working with individuals within the contexts of their environments and their relationships, but also in situations where there may be more than one person involved, for example working with couples, families, groups or teams.
I hold a Master Practitioner qualification for Eating Disorders and Obesity from the National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED), including nutritional skills. I have also trained in Cognitive Remediation Therapy (CRT) for eating disorders with Kings College IoPPN, the Maudsley Method for treating anorexia nervosa in adults and Schema Therapy for eating disorders.
I have worked for several years as a voluntary counsellor for Mind, the mental health charity. As such I have significant experience of working with adults dealing with all sorts of mental health issues including anxiety, depression, panic disorder, OCD, trauma, bipolar disorder and emotionally unstable personality disorder (formerly known as Borderline Personality Disorder).
I hold a Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy (DHP) and am an Advanced Practitioner of Brainworking Recursive Therapy™ (BWRT®), a Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) and an Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) practitioner. I have completed specialist training in several other areas including managing the effects of physical conditions such as chronic pain, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), Tinnitus, motivational weight management, dealing with phobias and eliminating problem habits.
- I am a Registered Member (MBACP) of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) where my registration number is 084216
- I am an Affiliate Member of the National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED)
- I am registered with the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council (registration number 001154-L10). The CNHC is the government accredited UK voluntary register for complementary healthcare practitioners (approved by the Professional Standards Authority).
- I continue to keep my skills up to date with further study and ongoing training; this, as well as my affiliation with BACP, NCFED and CNHC means that I am able to remain current on regulatory matters pertaining to the use of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy and to make sure that I am complying with all statutory requirements.
- I follow the BACP Ethical Framework and am bound by the CNHC code of conduct.
- I have comprehensive liability insurance with a reputable professional insurance provider
- DBS enhanced certificate (latest dated 2018)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Neuropathy/nerve pain/chronic pain
Fear and phobias
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
My fees depend on the practice location and type of appointment. Please see my website for full, up to date fees and terms: http://www.lifeinsighttherapy.co.uk/contact-fees/
I offer concessions for young people aged 18-20 (or aged 13-20 for eating disorder therapy).
Both of my practice rooms are in private, comfortable and peaceful locations and provide free client parking. My Great Missenden clinic has a comfortable reception/waiting area with complementary hot drinks.
Evening sessions available at both locations, but are in high demand and often subject to a waiting list.
I offer a lower cost initial consultation to help you decide if I am the right therapist for you (currently not available in the evening).
Whilst I am happy to work with older teenagers and young adults, I do not work with children. The youngest age I work with is 18, with the exception of eating disorders where I may work with younger people, subject to assessment.
Unfortunately, neither of my practices are currently fully accessible for disabled clients. My Loudwater practice has several steps up to the main door and my Great Missenden practice is located on the first floor with no elevator and a narrow flight of stairs. Please call me to discuss if this is of concern.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My High Wycombe practice is located on the ground floor, however there are a few steps up to the main entrance.
My main practice days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. I offer evening appointments on Tues & Weds however these are in high demand.
Types of client