Amanda Cox PG Dip, MBACP Reg. & Cruse Bereavement trained.
A Little Room Of Therapy
Room 10, Ingram House
Broxborne Council Offices, Bishops College, Churchgate
The journey is not about me, it's about you..
Counselling can you help you through difficult periods of your life and as life does not come with a guide book, we can often find ourselves overwhelmed, distressed and unable to cope.
My counselling practice is offered to you through a joint venture with my counselling colleague where we aim to provide you as a client, a bespoke service.
Here at A LITTLE ROOM OF THERAPY, our reflective and confidential practice provides and empathic, understanding and non-judgemental space where both men and women can explore through our therapeutic services, ways to bring meaning, understanding and awareness into their lives.
By gentle exploration we work to support your journey through therapy, to make sense and find meaning to encourage ways to understand and move you forward through your trauma's and difficulties.
Our counselling service provides professionally qualified interventions that deal with many problems including anxiety, relationship and family issues, depression, phobias, separation and divorce, abuse, panic disorders, bereavement, redundancy, low self-esteem and child related issues. These are just a few of the areas that we are experienced in and is not an exhaustive list.
Located within a listed building inside the grounds of Broxbourne Council Offices in Cheshunt, our practice is very close to Junction 25 on the M25 and at College Road just off the A10. We are suitably placed to cover the Hertfordshire and Essex borders and also Enfield with North London a short drive away. There is parking available both inside the grounds of Broxbourne Council Offices and nearby on surrounding streets.
The nearest overground stations to us are Cuffley, Cheshunt and Theobalds Grove.
IF YOU HAVE REQUESTED AN EMAIL RESPONSE, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM EMAIL, ALL EMAILS WILL BE RESPONDED TO IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- CPCAB Level 4 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Ascentis Certificate in Bereavement Studies
- NVQ in Preparing to Work with Vulnerable Adults
- MBACP 213176 British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- FDAP 281 Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals
- PODS (Member of Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors)
- Cruse Bereavement Volunteer
I am a fully qualified integrative counsellor, drawing from a variety of modalities namely Humanistic, Psychodynamic and Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies. I work in a person centred way, in essence this means that you the client remains at the heart of the therapy and everything that I do.
My experience spans over the years and I have worked within the Voluntary and Charity settings.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Individual Therapy from £40.00 per session
- Couples Counselling from £65.00 per session
- Students and Student Counsellors (in training) from £30.00 per session
Please visit our website for more comprehensive information regarding our service. I very much look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
08:00 - 20:00 hrs Monday - Friday 09:00 - 13:00 hrs Saturday & Sunday Please call 07835 737781 for current availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|