Alison Hopkins MBACP
Crossways Business Park
"Don't despair, help is at hand"
I have been an integrative therapist for over ten years and lecture at Inter- Psyche, Kent and Medway NHS Trust. I work with children and adults, in couples or individually.
I utilise an array of counselling approaches as I believe not one method is superior to another and that we are all unique individuals.I have helped my clients understand themselves better, be it overcoming depression, loss, anxiety or improving their personal relationships.
What to expect
Counselling is about building a trusting relationship.
To help you feel safe and secure I provide a boundaried, respectful, confidential and non-discriminative alliance.
At the end of our first session I always ask “do you feel you can work with me”, as it is important that you feel comfortable and safe.
Due to the busyness of modern day life and people being constantly on the move, I am able to accommodate this by offering skype or telephone sessions.
Seeking help is often the hardest part yet I would like to commend you on your courage for taking this first step. Get in touch so we can start this journey together.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Certificate in The Freedom Programme (domestic abuse)
- Certificate in Neuroscience and attachment
- Counselling with Sandtray workshop
- Gestalt workshop
- Working with refusal in Dementia
- Certificate in Mental Capacity Act Training
- Registered Member of the BACP
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
Adults: £40 per session
Children: £40 per session
Couples: £50 per session
Counselling Students: £35 per session
I have a private room in Greenhithe and the Dartford area.
I can also do home visits if requested and feasible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available for morning,afternoons and some evenings Monday- Friday.Availability to be discussed on initial contact.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|