We all have times in our lives when things can seem unclear and overwhelming and sometimes we need help to make sense of what is happening. My belief is that we grow in relationship and it takes strength to reach out and to connect with other but, in doing this we are better able to make contact with ourselves.
I believe that each individual holds the answers they seek within and my aim is to help my clients to find them. I offer a safe, non-judgemental environment in which clients can talk through their thoughts and feelings. I work holistically and relationally in line with my Humanistic philosophy and I am passionate about helping others to gain insight into their unconscious processes in order to help them to grow as an individual and to feel acceptance of self.
I have experience of working one to one with clients of different cultures, ages and backgrounds. As a full member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) I work in accordance with their code of ethics to provide a safe and confidential service for my clients.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Humanistic Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP Accredited)- SPTI and the University of Stafford
- Counselling Concepts course-SPTI
- Training in supporting victims of Sexual abuse and Rape- (SARAC)
- Training in supporting people who self-harm
- Training in dementia awareness- Mind
- Safeguarding and child protection training
- Experience working with clients at the Sexual Abuse Rape Advice Centre (SARAC) and at Burton and District Mind.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
Each counselling session is £40 per hour.
I am happy to work with clients on an open-ended basis or for an agreed time period.
I am unable to answer my phone when working so please leave your name and telephone number on my confidential answering machine and I will get back to you as soon as I am able to.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|