Alex Cox MBACP MA(Relate) MA
37 Museum Street
(+44) 7766 087 486
My name’s Alex. I am a Relate-trained counsellor, seeing couples, families and individuals with Relate and also privately in between Tottenham Court Road and Holborn and also in Wandsworth near Clapham Junction.
Getting in Touch
In my experience, the moment you've got in touch, we’re halfway towards finding the solution: we have some understanding of what the issue is and we’re doing something about it.
- email, text, WhatsApp or call and we'll make a convenient appointment
- I try to answer all my queries within 24 hours
- my fee and location details are below
The First Session
This is for each of us an assessment to see if and how we can work together.
- If we can’t, I can make suggestions for help elsewhere.
- If we can, whether it concerns relationships or depression, anxiety, illness or abuse, meeting once a week for 50 minutes is the first step to finding your best way forward.
- Sometimes people like to structure our meetings, working towards an end date.
- Others like to leave sessions open-ended.
Because I see it again and again, I passionately believe, talking to an experienced counsellor in a safe and trusting, non-judgmental relationship can bring greater understanding and change for the better. I work integratively, which means I have trained in different therapies and draw on the ones that suit you. I listen and engage with you; you can focus on your own issues, not others', and can find a better path.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a Registered Member of BACP and follow their Code of Ethics.
- I am a Relate-trained Relationship Therapist, working privately and also for Relate.
- I work integratively, which means I have trained in different therapies and draw on the ones that suit you. There are more details below under Therapies Offered.
- I have worked with young people aged 4 – 21, teaching and tutoring.
- I receive regular supervision and am fully insured.
- My first MA was from Oxford in Modern Languages; my second MA is from Relate in Relationship Therapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- I charge £65 per 50-minute session before 6pm; £85 per 50-minute session after 6pm.
- I offer a reduction for those who genuinely cannot afford this.
- I do not charge for breaks and holidays that you make me aware of in advance.
- However, I do charge the full session fee for cancellations and missed appointments with less than 24 hours’ notice.
- My central London practice is a 5-minute walk from Tottenham Court Road or Holborn tube stations.
- My Wandsworth practice is a 10-minute bus ride from Clapham Junction or less than a 10-minute walk from Wandsworth Common train station. Free parking is easily available.
- I'm sorry, but both have a few stairs and so are not good for people with mobility problems.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I see clients 2 - 8pm Weds WC1 and Thursday SW18.
Types of client