I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist with experience of working with people from all walks of life who are looking for time and space to work on specific problems or more wider and deeper rooted concerns.
I have extensive experience in the psychological field, working mainly in the community with people of all ages and backgrounds. I have 16 years of experience working within the NHS where I see client's as well as work in a supervisory capacity.
I have been trained across the counselling / psychotherapy approaches-Humanistic, Psychodynamic and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I am currently training in Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) for trauma. Within my practice, I use the best of all these approaches in order to provide you a productive, forward moving, therapeutic and caring psychological journey.
I am able to offer time limited sessions or longer term therapy depending on your needs. I offer a private, safe, clean and comfortable environment for us to work through what you bring to therapy. My practice is based in W10 and easily accessible by public transport (Queens Park, Kensal Rise). My practice can easily be reached from neighbouring areas such as Willesden Green, Kilburn, Maida Vale, Harlesden, Neasden and Cricklewood.
Its not always easy to reach out, its not always easy to find the right therapist. You may not know exactly what your looking for and that's okay. If you find yourself wondering what to expect, how it works or want a consultation before you choose to commit, just get in touch by phone, text or email and I'll be happy to discuss any questions or queries
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
- I am registered with the British Psychological Society and The Health & Care Professions Council as a Chartered Counselling Psychologist
- CPsychol. (Accred)--British Psychological Society
- HCPC (Registered)—Health Professions Council
- Post Master of Science Degree in Counselling Psychology
- Master of Science Degree in Counselling Psychology
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology
- Bachelors of Arts Degree in Psychology and Sociology
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a special interest and have conducted specialist research in working with women from the South Asian community, i.e. Pakistani, Indian, Bengladeshi, Sri Lankan women.
Concessions offered for
- £70 per session for face to face sessions (50 minutes)
- £60 per session for video or telephone sessions (50 minutes)
- Initial Consultation is currently free of charge (20 minutes)
- Concessions offered for for students/OAP'S/low income/unemployed
Please contact me to arrange a mutually convenient day and time to meet
- English, Urdu
Other areas of counselling I deal with:
- Counselling for students in training to become a counsellor/psychologist