Chartered Counselling Psychologist
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist with experience of working with people from all walks of life who are looking for time and space to work on specific problems or more wider and deeper rooted concerns.
I have extensive experience in the psychological field, working mainly in the community with people of all ages and backgrounds. I have 17 years of experience working within the NHS where I see client's as well as work in a supervisory capacity.
I have been trained across Humanistic, Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) for trauma therapeutic approaches. Within my practice, I use the principals of all these approaches in order to provide you a productive, forward moving, therapeutic and caring psychological journey.
I am able to offer short term sessions or longer term therapy depending on your needs. I offer a private, safe, clean and comfortable environment for us to work through what you bring to therapy. My practice is based in W10 and easily accessible by public transport (Queens Park, Kensal Rise). My practice can easily be reached from neighbouring areas such as Willesden Green, Kilburn, Maida Vale, Harlesden, Neasden and Cricklewood.
I understand that it is not always easy to reach out-i've been there myself! Its not always easy to find the right therapist. You may not know exactly what your looking for and that's okay. If you find yourself wondering what to expect, how it works or want to speak before you choose to commit, just get in touch by phone, text or email and I'll be happy to discuss any questions or queries you might have.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
- I am chartered with the British Psychological Society as a Counselling Psychologist and registered as a Practitioner Psychologist with The Health & Care Professions Council
- CPsychol. (Accred)--British Psychological Society
- HCPC (Registered)—Health Professions Council
- Post Master of Science Degree in Counselling Psychology
- Master of Science Degree in Counselling Psychology
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology
- Bachelors of Arts Degree in Psychology and Sociology
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a special interest and have conducted research in working therapeutically with women from the South Asian community.
I have also co-authored an anxiety guide which can be found here: https://www.medicspot.co.uk/treatment/anxiety
I continue to work for the NHS as a senior therapist / psychologist and can advise on services that may be available to you.
£80.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
- £80 per session for face to face / video sessions Mon-Fri (50 minutes)
- £90 per session for face to face / video weekend sessions (50 minutes)
- £110 per session for EMDR sessions (50-90 minutes)
- Initial Consultation is currently free of charge (15 minutes)
- Concessions offered for for students/OAP'S/low income/unemployed
When I work
Please contact me to discuss my availability as new slots become available regularly
- English, Urdu
Other areas of counselling I deal with:
- Counselling for students in training to become a counsellor/psychologist