Paul James Wheatley, MBACP, UKCP Msc Integrative Psychotherapist
Birmingham Counselling Services
Birmingham Counselling & Psychotherapy Centre
127 / 131 Pottery Road
07739 026266 (Leave a message if you wish)
Hello my name is Paul Wheatley and I am a fully qualified and accredited male psychotherapist registered with the UKCP. I am also a counsellor and a fully registered member of the BACP which means I abide by there professional ethics and codes of conduct. I am also a member of UPCS.
My aim is to offer you a confidential, ethical and professional service for adults aged 18 and over. A service that is also very caring, encouraging and genuinely supportive.
How can I help?
I am happy to support you with any concerns, on a short term basis, or with deeper issues that take us on a longer journey.
I offer you a genuine, authentic, warm and trusting environment in which to help you explore and develop enough support and insight to make the choices that are right for you as an individual.
I am keen to understand how you're impacted by your experiences and I will usually share my own response to what you bring in order to help you begin to raise your own awareness and open up new choices that before may have felt elusive.
I have worked with issues of loss, bereavement, relationship breakdown, anxiety, sexuality, anger management, abuse, depression, job loss and change, as well as the distress & confusion from recent or historical traumatic experiences.
For more information please contact me.
My experience is that therapy works and I have seen change in my clients.
Therapy sessions are often lively, creative, challenging and profoundly enlightening. Imagine having someone genuinely interested in YOU and committed to helping you live the life that you choose.
You may also look at my website, www.pauljameswheatley.com
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters (Msc) in Integrative Psychotherapy
- Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy - Birmingham University
- Level 7 Post Graduate Certificate in Integrative Psychotherapy - Birmingham University.
- NCFE Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- NCFE Levels 1-5 in Integrative Counselling
- Several years experience in NHS practice.
- Experience of mental health placement
- Experience of private practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
'Kink Aware' Counselling
My usual fee is £40 - £50 a session depending on times / days. There are some lower fee concessional places available for students or those on a very low income. Please contact me for more information on fees as I try to be flexible and accommodate those in need of support.
You can also find me listed on the BACP website as a therapist in the local area. I adhere to the BACP codes of ethics and good practice.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytimes, weekends and evenings