* As a highly experienced, fully qualified counsellor and psychotherapist I provide sensitive and effective counselling and psychotherapy for both individuals and couples.
* For couples and individuals the sessions are generally of one hour and weekly.
* Sessions can be any time of the day or evening Monday to Friday depending on availability.
* I am happy to arrange an initial telepnone conversation to answer any questions you may have.
* I have a sliding scale of costs depending on circumstances.
Counselling and Psychotherapy with individuals
* I see individuals for both short (min 6 sessions) and long term work.
* I provide a safe, confidential and supportive environment in which to explore troubling issues e.g. angry outbursts, generalised anxiety disorder, panic attacks, self esteem, feeling sad, effects of trauma (PTSD), lack of motivation or relationship difficulties. I create opportunities for you to gain better understand existing behaviour patterns, help you to develop new more positive ones, so you can grow a stronger, more positive sense of self. This can increase abilities to manage stress, confront challenges and help the achievement of a happier, more successful and fulfilled life.
* Most of my individual clients fall into the 25 to 65 age group and suffer typically from low self esteem, anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress, anger management, Borderline Personality Disorder, or work/relationship type issues.
* I work largely with feelings, focusing on self understanding and acceptance to increase self confidence and motivation. Individuals often gain more insight about themselves and others, find greater direction and purpose in their life and are able to form more successful relationships.
Couple counselling and Relationship counselling
* I offer both short (min 8 sessions) and long term couple counselling and therapy.
* I work to resolve conflict and to reconnect couples who suffer issues of disagreement, misunderstanding, cultural differences, distrust, betrayal, suffer sexual difficulties or who have just grown apart.
* I focus on helping you develop a deeper understanding of the feelings being aroused and the patterns of behaviour that result, to achieve greater connection and closeness with your partner.
* I use mainly the Emotion Focused Therapy approach. This was introduced in the UK about 15 years ago and is well established in Canada and the US, where several studies have revealed it to be one of the most effective types of couple therapy around.
Training, qualifications & experience
I originally trained in Psychosynthesis counselling and psychotherapy, for which I have a counselling diploma, and a diploma and MA in Psychotherapy.
I have since studied Emotion Focused Therapy for couples for which I have certificates and am listed by York University, Toronto, Canada.
I followed an advanced diploma in couple therapy.
I am a fully accredited NARM Practitioner and have studied with Babette Rothschild so am well qualified to work with all the effects resulting from the experiences of trauma and developmental trauma.
I am registered with, and fully accredited by UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy) and abide by their code of ethics.
I am also a member of APP (Association of Psychospiritual Psychotherapists).
I have worked as a counsellor/therapist since 1994, having several thousand hour's worth of experience.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Guilt, self hate or loathing, confusion, self doubt, fear, distrust, frustration. anger, helplessness, powerlessness, transvestism, transgender, sexual orientation, lack of motivation, lack of direction, lack of confidence.
Special offer 10% discount - For new clients making an initial appointment before the end of April and committing to the minimum no of sessions by advanced payment.
I offer a sliding scale of fees depending on circumstances. Concessions are available.
* For online consultations the maximum fee per hour for an individual is £45. For a couple is £55.
* For face-to-face consultations in Salisbury the maximum fee per hour for an individual is £60. For a couple is £80.
Payment can be on a weekly basis or in advance, whichever is preferred.
Fully available Monday to Friday, mornings, afternoons, evenings (not Fridays)