Ann Biddle MSc, CTA, PGCDip Couns, Pract NLP, Reg.MBACP(Accred).
Hi, I am a Psychotherapist and Counsellor at Park Counselling, my private therapy practice in Nottingham. For the forseeable future I am working solely via video-sessions using the Zoom platform, so I now work with clients across the country. I provide caring, professional and confidential counselling and psychotherapy for individuals on a short, medium or long term basis, depending on your individual requirements and needs.
I also provide employee assistance counselling support for organisations and I am a registered provider for most major private medical insurers.
Who do I work with and what types of issues can I help with?
Whatever issues you are facing right now you are not alone. Most people experience difficult feelings or relationship issues at some point in their lives, it's just part of being human. My practice is very broad ranging, I work with clients of all genders and sexual orientations over the age of 18 years facing a wide range of life issues and typically see issues such as:
- Depression, sadness or low mood, feelings of despair or hopelessness.
- Post traumatic stress, from recent events or those in the past, including abuse, assault, accidents and issues faced by ex-armed forces or emergency services personnel, as well as legal, medical and other front-line professionals.
- Anger, irritability or agitation; anger management.
- Unresolved "baggage" from the past: old hurts or resentments, regrets, anger, sadness, shame, fear or intrusive memories or thoughts.
- Work-related stress, difficulties with colleagues or achieving home-work balance.
- Issues arising from bereavement, loss, illness, redundancy or other major life changes such as separation, divorce or retirement.
- Victims of abuse, physical, emotional or sexual, past or present.
- Victims of bullying, past or present.
- Childhood issues, bullying, trauma or abuse of any kind (e.g. physical, emotional or sexual abuse, deprivation or neglect).
- Anxiety, fear, agitation or panic.
- Low self-confidence, low self-esteem or communication issues.
- Phobias, such as fear of flying, food, spiders or blood
- Family or friends relationship issues.
- Relationship issues, improve communication and intimacy.
How do I Work?
I provide a safe, supportive environment for you to talk and will listen to you without judgement and I can provide short, medium or long term support, depending on what you need. I work on the following key assumptions: 1) that we all have worth, value and dignity as a human being and deserve to be treated accordingly, 2) that everyone has the capacity to think, feel and act, and 3) we make decisions and develop coping strategies which can either help or hinder us and these can be updated at any stage of life for the better.
I use a blend of methods from Transactional Analysis, Neuro-Linguistic Programming, CBT, Hypnosis, EMI and Mindfulness to help you to explore your thinking, feelings, beliefs and behaviour around the issues you are facing. As you develop understanding and insight, you will be supported to expand your thinking, express your feelings, update your mental 'programming' and make positive changes at a pace that is right for you.
When do I See Clients?
I offer a variety of morning, lunchtime, afternoon and early evening appointments Monday to Friday. Availability can change a short notice, so please call my answerphone and listen to the message to find out current availability.
Please take a look through my website at www.parkcounsellingnottingham.co.uk to find out more, or call me on 07913 153406 for an initial discussion and to book an appointment.
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered Member MBACP(Accred)
MSc Psychotherapy (Transactional Analysis)
Certified Transactional Analyst
Post-Graduate Clinical Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling
Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy
Counselling Skills certificate
Bereavement Counselling Skills, Cruse
NLP Practitioner Certificate
NLP Coaching Diploma
Certificate in Life Coaching
I follow the code of ethical and professional practice of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), of which I am a Registered and Accredited Member. I work with regular supervision and am committed to my ongoing Continuing Professional Development.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Traumatic Stress, Post Traumatic Stress, PTSD, including issues faced by frontline staff, including ex-armed forces personnel, emergency services personnel, legal and medical professionals.
Relationship issues, depression, family issues, panic, phobias, separation or divorce, cross cultural issues, abuse, low self-esteem, bereavement. Teachers, university students.
My fee structure is as follows:
- Initial telephone consultation of up to 30 minutes: free of charge.
- Individual online counselling or psychotherapy for private individuals paying their own fees: £60 per hour.
- Private Medical Insurance: procedures and fees vary depending on which company you are with - please check with your insurer in the first instance and then call me to discuss your specific needs.
- Employee Assistance: fees vary depending on requirements - please call to discuss your specific needs.
At the moment I only accept payment by direct online banking / banking app.
Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions.
Appointments are available at the following times:
Mondays: 9.30am - 4.00pm
Tuesdays: 9.30am - 5.pm
Wednesdays: 9.30am - 5.00pm
Thursdays: 9.30am - 4.00pm
Fridays: 9.30am - 2.30pm
*** PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE I AM ONLY SEEING CLIENTS VIA VIDEO-SESSIONS USING ZOOM SOFTWARE ***
Strelley Hall is conveniently located in a quiet setting near Wollaton, NG8, just off the outer loop road, which avoids having to navigate busy city centre traffic.
Driving: Approximately 10 minutes' drive from the A52/ QMC island and 5 minutes' drive from junction 26 of the M1. There is plenty of free parking, a cafe and shops at the hall and regular bus services run from the city to a nearby stop.
Public Transport: There is a bus stop within a 15-20 minute walk, with regular buses from Nottingham city centre, via Alfreton Road, Derby Road, University of Nottingham, Lenton Abbey, Wollaton and other surrounding areas.
The city centre practice is located off The Ropewalk in central Nottingham, NG1, with metered on-road parking nearby.