Tracy Simpson MBACP
I am a BACP registered Counsellor with over 10 yrs in private practice. I provide a tailored counselling approach for clients to explore troubling thoughts & feelings, such as anxiety, panic & depression and family or relationship problems.
As an experienced integrative counsellor I can offer you a safe relationship in which you can explore anything that is troubling you in complete confidence.
You may be feeling upset and distressed and have problems with your feelings, thoughts, relationships with others, or behaviour.
You may have had a sudden life crisis such as bereavement, or have lost your job. You may feel you lack direction and that life makes no sense.
My therapy is an integration of Person-Centred, Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I tailor the therapeutic interventions to the client rather than make the client fit into one mode of therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Graduate Diploma Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP
- Post Diploma Certificate in Person Centred Couples Counselling.
- Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
- I abide by the ethical framework of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy for good practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- I adhere to the BACP's requirement for continuing training and monthly supervision to ensure safe practice.
- Significant experience counselling staff within the NHS.
- Significant experience of working with victims of rape and domestic violence.
- Experience of debt management and counselling.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
Initial assessment £60, to enable clients to decide if counselling is the right option for them.
For individuals the charge is £60 for each further 50 minute session.
I charge £80 for the initial 60 minute appointment (thereafter £80 per 60 minute session).
For organisations, sessions are charged at £70 per hour, usually booked in blocks of 6-12.
I provide weekly & fortnightly counselling sessions. You have the choice of attending for short term, time limited or longer term counselling dependant on your own needs and circumstances.
I am based on the edge of Barnsley town centre in a counselling room which is easily accessible, anonymous and offering confidentiality.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appontments available most days 10am to 6pm
Types of client
Supervision & training
I offer counselling supervision for counsellors who require regular monthly supervision.View supervision profile