Dr Carys Williams - psychotherapeutic counsellor and supervisor
10-12 The Shrubberies
07769328745 / 07769328745
I am a psychotherapist and medical doctor based in Buckhurst Hill (West Essex) and South Woodford.
Counselling is about working with a professional who is qualified and experienced to provide you with an opportunity of a safe confidential space where you can talk and be listened to about whatever is troubling you. I will work with you to find ways in which we can help you manage your troubles and move forward towards living the life you imagined.
I am in integrative psychotherapist, however I also have training in CBT, psychodynamic therapy, working with eating disorders (CBT-E and the maudsley model), bereavement issues, working with young people, working with groups (eating disorders,anger management, personality disorders, carers, therapeutic communities) working with families (family therapy) and with parenting issues, couple counselling, minfulness and hypnotherapy.
I also have experience in helping the client manage issues such as stress, finance, relationships, depression, anxiety and eating disorders.
The first consultation is a full psychological assessment so that I can fully assess your needs and provide you with the best treatment options.
I am available to see clients in the mornings, evenings and at weekends. I can work via skype or on the telephone. I am within easy reach of public transport and there is car parking outside the Buckhurst hill practice. I have private offices based in a house in Buckhurst hill and in a clinic in East London.
For further information please phone for an informal talk about your requirements.
Training, qualifications & experience
Doctor of medicine (MBBS).
Trainned in psychiatry.
Diploma in hypnotherapy and counselling skills.
Diploma in psychotherapy and counselling.
Certificate in couple counselling.
Diploma in hypnotherapy.
Trained to practice mindfulness.
Trained in CBT and specialise in CBT for eating diorders, anxiety and depression.
Postgraduate certificate in transpersonal psychotherapy with children, adolescents and families.
Full Psychological assessments
Experience working with clients aged 4-70 years.
Experience working with a wide range disorders including stress, depression, anger issues, anxiety, bipolar disorder, parenting problems, personality disorder and eating disorders.
I am registered with the general medical council, with the Royal college of psychiatrists, with the national counselling society and the Ahpp.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Children and adolescents
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Individual counselling Buckhurst Hill £40
- Individual Counselling Lily House £60
- Child counselling Buckhurst hill £50
- Child counselling Lily House £65
- Relationship Counselling Buckhurst hill – £50 Per hour
- Relationship Counselling Lily House - £65 per Hour
- Family Therapy – £90 Per hour
- Psychological assessment – price on application.
- Training – price on application.
- One off psychological / family assessment – price on application
- Supervision £40.
I am able to see clients from aged 4 years upwards.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Afternoons and evenings. Mornings for low cost service.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I provide supervision for qualified counsellors and psychotherapists plus those who are in trainIng.