V. Kiki Jeffries - Psychotherapist UKCP, Counsellor and Clinical Supervisor
I am a Psychotherapist UKCP registered, a Psychodynamic Counsellor and a Clinical Supervisor.
I joined Surrey and Borders NHS Trust 15 years ago where I still work as a Principle Adult Psychotherapist. I have extensive experience working with people who suffer from significant, severe and enduring mental health problems, providing individual and group therapy. I participate in the MBT (Mentalisation Based Treatment) programme which is offered in our department to individuals diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. I also provide Individual and Group Supervision to Psychotherapists and Psychologists in Training and offer Consultation to other Mental Health professionals.
Being employed by Social Services for 20 years I developed an interest in Adoption, acquiring 9 years of experience working with children and adults involved in adoption and affected by adoption issues.
In the NHS and also in my Private Practice I see individuals who feel: Stressed, anxious, depressed and unable to cope with pressures of everyday life, who experience difficulties in making and maintaining personal and intimate relationships, who are unable to manage at work or at home, who were subjected to physical, sexual and emotional abuse or who were neglected during childhood, who suffer from low self esteem, eating disorder, personality difficulties, relationship breakdown, who have experienced loss and bereavement. I also see individuals who suffer from physical symptoms which can be understood as an expression of their emotional pain.
My approach is predominantly psychodynamic but it is important for me to adapt this to the needs of the individuals so when appropriate I use MBT interventions and Integrative approach.
In my private practice I offer:
- Long term Individual Psychoanalytic Therapy to Adults
- Brief Psychoanalytic Therapy to Adults
- Supportive and Explorative Therapy / Counselling to Older Adults
- Long term or Brief Psychoanalytic Therapy to Young People over 16 years of age
I also provide Supervision and Consultation to:
- Trainees in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Qualified Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- Mental Health Professionals
- Practitioners in the Adoption/Post Adoption field
Training, qualifications & experience
* Master of Clinical Science in Psychotherapy Studies
* Postgraduate Diploma In Psychotherapy Studies
* Foundation Course in Group Analysis
* Diploma in Supervision
* Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
* Postgraduate Diploma in Mental Disorder Studies
* Diploma in Social Work
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Adoption is an area of work I am very interested and where I have developed expertise as I worked in an Adoption Team for 9 years as a Social Worker and also as a Therapist.
Attachment issues are core difficulties to individuals affected by adoption. Also a number of children raised by their biological parents for a number of reasons have not had the opportunities to develop healthy and secure attachments which impacts heavily in their life as they grow up and the way they experience life and relate to others. My extensive training and clinical experience have equipped me well to effectively work with such individuals.
I have acquired a wealth of knowledge and experience through training and especially my work in the NHS in offering therapy to individuals who have difficulties with relationships and have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder or EUPD.
I have attended various trainings to enable me to work with individuals diagnosed with Dissociative Disorders, who have experienced significant trauma and dissociate.
I come from Greece and have been living and working in the UK since 1989.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesdays to Thursdays: Afternoons and Evenings. Fridays: Day time and Evenings Some Saturdays: Day time
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training