Hannah Ryan - MSc BSc Adv Dip (Couples) PGCert (Supervision) EMDR MBACP
07767 138 293
Are you struggling in your relationship, feeling stuck and need some help to get back on track? Contact me now to find out how I can help you to improve communications, build trust and re-connect.
I will help you to:
- explore the problems and issues
- improve communications and build better relationships
- build and restore trust
- identify new options and create new strategies
- develop knowledge and skills
- make better decisions and plans so that you can move forward confidently
- bring about change and restore confidence and self-esteem
- listen if you just need to tell your story
You might want to get your relationship back on track or need some help to leave and move on. You can come as a couple or on your own.
If the answer to any of the following questions is yes, then take that first tentative step and contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you need to move on from a broken relationship?
- Are you ready to look at past relationships to understand what goes wrong?
- Are you ready to find love again?
- Do you want help to find the right partner?
Divorce and relationship breakdown amongst mid-life couples are higher than ever before as they face the challenges of empty nest, job loss, problems with step-children, grand-children, adult children living at home, illness, ageing and care-giving responsibilities. Contact me now if you are struggling to cope with any of these life-stage transitions and you are ready to:
- recapture lost intimacy
- manage family relationships
- negotiate changing roles
- resolve past hurts
- adapt to changing circumstances
- make new choices
- seek fulfillment
Some of the signs and symptoms that might indicate that you may be stuck:
- You do not feel content and doubt your abilities
- You dislike and judge yourself harshly
- Setting goals and making plans but putting off taking any action
- Making promises but not keeping them
- Waiting for something to happen that will make all the difference
- Seeing few or no alternatives to your situation
- Allowing fear of failure, rejection or disappointment to keep you from taking risks
- Over tiredness, depression and low productivity
- Complaining constantly about your lot and feeling that all options are doomed to fail
- Starting diets, exercise or any self-improvement and giving up soon after you start or before you reach your goal
- Feeling helpless, hopeless, frustrated, angry, trapped or worthless
- Rejecting and resenting others who seem to have what you want
- Less than satisfying relationships
- Bad marriages
- Dead end jobs
- Unable to escape physical, emotional or sexual abuse
- Constant debt
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an experienced 1:1 counsellor (15,000+ hrs), Relate trained and qualified couple counsellor, EMDR trauma practitioner, coach, trainer and clinical supervisor.
I provide counselling services and bespoke training for workplace stress to small, medium and large companies, medico-legal work for insurers, solicitors and social services that include the preparation of reports for court.
My clinical supervision experience includes working with individuals and groups - counsellors in training, newly qualified, experienced practitioners and casework supervisors. I am a volunteer Supervisor for CRUSE Bereavement service and an Approved Supervisor for Barnardos.
Before qualifying as a therapist in 2003 I worked in the NHS supporting staff with organisational development, training, workplace issues and stress management. I have worked with children, adolescents, adults, couples, groups and organisations in informal, community, residential care, voluntary, workplace and corporate settings. I have gained excellent communication and people skills in many roles – as trainer, coach, mentor, consultant, advisor, change agent, mediator, advocate and facilitator.
EMDR Practitioner (EMDR Europe)
MSc Attachment, Trauma & Loss (Salford University)
BSc Therapeutic Counselling (Leeds Met University)
Postgraduate Certificate in Casework Supervision (UCLAN)
University Advanced Diploma - Couple Counselling (Relate Institute, Hull University)
Certificate of Proficiency (BACP)
Advanced Diploma - Therapeutic Counselling & Group Dynamics (CPCAB)
NLP Coaching Certificate (Manchester NLP College)
FE Teachers' Certificate (City & Guilds 730)
Training & Development Certificate (CIPD Level 4)
Diploma in Management (UCLAN)
- Registered MBACP - British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- BACP Division AIP - Association for Independent Practitioners
- EMDR Practitioner EMDR UK & Ireland - Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessin
**For your peace of mind - I have the relevant Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurances and I am registered with the ICO.**
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
On-line counselling available via FaceTime
Anxiety and Panic Attacks
Parenting, Step-family Issues
Addictions - Internet, Sex, Pornography
Self-harming, Suicide Bereavement and Loss
Multi-Cultural Difference & Diversity Issues
Counselling Supervision - Individuals and Groups
Photos & videos
Sessions are a full 60 minutes and I work on the basis of 'not one session more than is necessary’. Following an initial consultation to assess your needs, I am able to work flexibly to suit you and your individual circumstances:
Single Session Integrative - 1 session for a specific issue or problem as required
Short-term brief therapy - typically 6-12 sessions
Long-term, open ended - typically 6-12 months plus
Sessions need not be booked at the same time on the same day each week
Couples - £65 (I'm trained and qualified in couple therapy and see opposite and same sex couples)
Individuals - £55
Organisations, Groups, Medicolegal work, Insurance, Employer Assisted Programmes - contact me for outline contract, terms and conditions
Casework Supervision - for Individuals and Group please see the Supervisor profile link to the left of this page.
Areas of Special Interest
Couple Counselling and Relationships - I work with opposite and same sex couples, with sexuality and sexual difficulties, transgender, parenting, children, second families, affairs, domestic violence and abuse, anger management, the impact of life-stage transitions, communication difficulties, separation and divorce, illness and bereavement issues.
Health & Wellbeing at Work - I have a breadth of experience in working with workplace stress, anger management, harrassment and bullying, coping with change and managing the work/life balance.
Trauma support - I am particularly interested in working with the impact of trauma (MSc studies, EMDR practitioner) - child sexual abuse, rape, accidents, surgery, armed service veterans, loss and bereavement, suicide, disaster survivors, crisis response, physical and psychological traumas, and secondary trauma often experienced by those who work in the trauma field.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Telephone or e-mail me to arrange an initial meeting to explore how we might work together. I am passionate about supporting and developing others at all stages of their career path. Should you decide that we are a good fit then I can promise that I will work to build and maintain your trust; honour and value your uniqueness and individual experience; identify and build on your strengths; and encourage you to work collaboratively with me in the on-going development of counselling practice.