Miftau Iddrisu MBACP, BABCP and GHR Accred, Member EMDR
I am fully trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) through Oxford University and I am accredited with the BABCP. I am also trained in Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), a qualified and accredited Hypnotherapist, counsellor and an EMDR practitioner and Schema Psychotherapist.
Training, qualifications & experience
2019 Mentalization Based Treatment for Families
2018 - Practitioner Certificate in Schema Therapy
2017 - EMDR for Children and Adolescent PART 1 and 2. EMDR Europe.
2016 - Practitioner Certificate in RODBT
2012 - 2013 - Practitioner Certificate in DBT - The Association for Psychological Therapies ( APT)
2011 -2012- Postgraduate Diploma in CBT - Oxford Univeristy (OCTC).
2010 - 2011 - Advanced Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis - Academy of Adv Change Work
2010 - Diploma in Clinical Hyposis - Academy of Advanced Changework
2009 -2010 - Postgraduate Certificate in Supervision in The Helping Profession - Manchester University
2008 -2010- Postgraduate Certificates, Brief Therapies, CBT, Mindfulness - Salford University
2009 - EMDR PART 1, 2 & 3 - EMDR Europe
2007-2008 - Diploma in CBT - STONEBRIDGE COLLEGE.
2006-2008 - Diploma in Person-centred Counselling ( Manchester College of Art and Technology).
2005- 2008 - Diploma in Mental Nursing (Salford University)
2005 - 2006 Certificate in Counselling Salford University
I've worked with client from various background. I am open minded and respect the uniqueness of the individual.
Treatment plan is geared towards needs and the issues presented.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapies, EMDR Practitioner, Hynotherapist and General Counselling. A supportive and compasssionate therapy with creative and imaginative style of working to help address your difficulties.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
£80 per hour - CBT inteventions.
£80 per hour - General Counselling or Hypnotherapy.
£ 80 per hour - Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT).
£80 per hour - RO -DBT
£80 per hour - EMDR
Schema Therapy £100
Mentalization Treatment for Families £100.
£ 80 DBT Group Session up 6 people in a group 1.5 hours
A rent a counselling room in Chorton on Saturday and Sunday - thus Beeck NooK Therapy 115 Beech Road, Chorton, Manchester M21 9EQ.
My second clinic - Counselling Rooms CiC, Trafalgar House 5/7 High Lane, Chorlton, Manchester M21 9DJ
This is to help cater for the needs of clients who are busy during the week.
Third Clinic - Fridays All day - Piccadilly HOuse, 49 Piccadilly, Manchester, M1 2AP
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wednesday 4.30pm -8.30pm Friday 7am - 8pm, Saturday 2pm - 6pm - and Sunday 9am- 5pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|