I am a relational, integrative-humanistic therapist and I offer supervision from a framework of the person-centred core conditions of acceptance, respect and genuineness. I work with counsellors who have trained in a variety of different orientations in which I am experienced including: Gestalt, TA and CBT.
I work to the BACP defined tasks of supervision i.e. managerial/normative; educational/formative and supportive/restorative
Through reflection and exploration of your work with clients, my aim is to help you to:
• understand the client better
• become more aware of your own reactions and responses to the client
• understand the dynamics of how you and your client are interacting
• look at how you have intervened and the results of your interventions
• explore other ways of working with this and other similar client situations
• develop your own potential and personal style
In my own counselling practice, I have been fortunate to work with supervisors who have made it safe to share any concerns I may have had with my client work. I know from this personal experience how important it is to have this safe space. I aim to build a positive, collaborative working relationship so you feel able to bring everything you need to supervision to get the support and guidance you want.
I invite new supervisees to a free initial half hour session to discuss their requirements. Thereafter I charge:
£60 per one & half hour session
£45 for students & those working without pay
£30 for a one hour fortnightly session for students i.e £60 per month.
Fees include administration time and out of hours telephone support.