Robert William Hawkes. Therapist. MSc, BSc (Hons)
Pricing: £50 per I hour session (paid cash/bank transfer- as you go).
- I have a vast wealth of experience regarding clinical and management supervision. I am known for my warmth and kindness as a supervisor, ensuring my supervisees are at the heart of everything I do.
- HCA- During my time working as a health care assistant on a mental health unit I had a lead role in providing a supervision group for other HCAs. (1994-2003)
- OT- When I qualified as an OT in 2003 I supervised (and managed) five staff as team lead. I have a formal academic qualification for the supervision of student OTs, gained at Teesside University. During my time in this role I had 20 students come through the service.
- CBT- I have a formal clinical supervision qualification specific to the delivery of this psychotherapy. I hold full accreditation with the BABCP. I have a really wide range of experience in this modality, from primary care through to secondary. I have supervised PWPs, HCAs, medical staff, GPs, STR workers, Social Workers, Social Workers Assistants, psychologists, RMNs, and of course other CBT therapists.
- DBT- I led and ran a DBT Consult supervision group for 4 years whilst working within secondary mental health care. 2.5 hours per week. I have a very good working knowledge of Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Structured Clinical Managment (SCM); I provided mental staff with a systematic approach to working with people with borderline personality disorder. It is based on a supportive approach with case management and advocacy support. There is an emphasis on problem-solving, effective crisis planning, medication review and assertive follow-up if appointments are missed. I took sole responsibility for the running of this group, one hour weekly for 3 years whilst working for Sedgefield Affective Disorders Team.
Private Practice Experience
- Since commencing within private practice I have provided clinical supervision for Alliance Psychological Service. This included High Intensity CBT trainees, qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners (PWPs) and qualified Counsellors undertaking the Level 5 CBT course at The Riverside College.
- Teesside University PgDip CBT Team have also sought supervision for a group of their High Intensity CBT Trainees undertaking the adult pathway. I have also provide Middlesbrough and Stockton Mind with supervision for trainees undertaking the Children and Young Peoples (CYP IAPT) pathway in conjunction with the University of Newcastle.
- I have provided group (and individual) supervision to trainee Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners who have attended the Teesside and Newcastle training courses. This was for those placed within Hartlepool Mind and Stockton Starfish.
- Currently, I provide clinical supervision for four local psychological therapy services (IAPT). This is for those within training and also experienced qualified CBT therapy staff. I am really familiar with both Teesside’s and Newcastle’s training pathways, for both high and low CBT. As I work with all age ranges my supervision style and experience is reflective of this.