Rebecca Duncan Dip.Couns MBACP (Accred.)
What is supervision?
Supervision is an important aspect of any counsellor's practice and it's primary purpose is to enhance the therapeutic process and to put the safety and needs of the client at the heart of the process.
The role of a supervisor is to support the counsellor in their counselling practice, providing a space for open reflection on all aspects of the therapeutic process, to explore and discuss working practices and to offer support and guidance where needed.
What do I offer as a supervisor?
- Individual face to face supervision to counsellors for their work with clients in private practice.
- Supervision for counselling students studying at Level 4 and above (one to one)
- Supervision via telephone/online is an option, where appropriate.
- Supervision within agency and organisations (one to one)
- Supervision of supervision
- I receive monthly supervisory supervision from an appropriately qualified supervisor.
My supervisory experience
- Achieved CPCAB Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision, January 2019
- Supervision of counsellors in private practice since January 2018
- Completed supervision training with Cruse Bereavement Care in 2015 and went on to supervise through Cruse for several years
- 90 minutes £60
- 60 minutes £40
- concessionary rates are available, please contact me to discuss
My supervision practice is firmly based on the Hawkins and Shohet Process Model of Supervision, also known as the 7 eyed model. I offer a supportive and collaborative environment, actively encouraging counsellors to continue to grow their knowledge and skills and expand their practice and experience and to provide the most appropriate counselling service to their client.
As a registered member of the BACP, I work within the Ethical Framework for Counselling Professions 2018 and am committed to promoting the wellbeing of clients.
For qualified counsellors undertaking further training, I can provide supervision reports as necessary to support your studies.
I also offer supervision of supervision, for qualified supervisors. Please contact me for more details.
In my role as supervisor, I strive to encourage counsellors to grow their knowledge and skills, deepen their compassion and creativity to give the best possible service to the client. As a registered member of the BACP, I work within the Ethical Framework for Counselling Professions 2018 and am committed to promoting the wellbeing of clients.
Please do contact me to discuss your supervision needs or if you would like any further information. I look forward to hearing from you.