Supervisor Vanessa Black MA Counselling BSc dip Couns MBACP and Clinical Supervisor
My aim as a supervisor is to help you to grow your professional confidence, broaden your skill set, and to equip you to help your clients. Engaging in the clinical supervision process provides an opportunity to develop a mentoring relationship with an experienced practitioner, which will nurture your expertise and your career. I aim to create a space where this can happen, whilst keeping the safety and welfare of clients in central importance.
As an integrative supervisor I work with counsellors and psychotherapists who have trained in a variety of different models. I offer one-to-one and group supervision to qualified and trainee therapists from any theoretical backround who are looking for a supportive and empowering relationship to explore their work with clients. I offer supervision face to face, telephone or Skype.
I am a Clinical Supervisor and a BACP Registered Integrative Counsellor/ Psychotherapist, and provide supervision to counsellors working in organisations and also in private practice.
As a supervisor I work to :
• maintain or enhance the professional skills, knowledge and attitudes of supervisees
• develop the ability to conceptualise clinical material and apply appropriate interventions
• Identify and manage transference and counter transference issues
• hold awareness of ethical and professional standards
• enhance analytical skills, creativity, self-awareness, confidence and competence
• clarify roles, responsibilities and boundary issues
• Identify professional strengths, wellness and training needs
I work within the Ethical Framework of the BACP.
I provide supervision to therapists as well as to to other professionals in the helping professions.
I provide individual supervision and group supervison. I work face-to-face or by Skype.
I work with therapists in training as well as with more experienced practitioners.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
9am - 8pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
My aim as a supervisor is to help you to grow your professional confidence, broaden your skill set, and to equip you to help your clients.