Dawn Aitchison MBACP (Accred) Creating Space Counselling and Supervision
Low-cost Supervision offer for counsellors/therapists who work creatively with young people.
I have recently completed post-qualifying supervision training with PTUK for Play/Creative Arts Therapists. Now, as a provisional supervisor, I am looking for a supervisee who works creatively with children and adolescents who would be interested in continuing this learning with me. Supervision will be offered at a reduced cost of £20 for an hour or £30 for an hour and a half session, either monthly or fortnightly, over the next year while I complete the practice element of my training.
I was able to experience being the supervisee for one of my supervisors while she was qualifying and it was this that inspired me to enrol on my course. I am passionate about the supervisory relationship and the essential part it has played in my development as a counsellor. Occasionally, I have struggled to find a supervisor who connects with the way I work, but on the whole I have been fortunate enough to have enjoyed some fantastic supervisory relationships which I believe were successful because they contained the following ingredients:
- I could be fully myself in the relationship
- There was a feeling of mutual trust, connection and openness to one another
- I was able to express myself and how I work using a variety of non verbal as well as verbal forms of expression and feel received
- My supervisor helped me grow in self-confidence and in understanding myself and the therapeutic process
- We shared an enjoyment and passion for learning which re-energised and inspired me
- I felt confident in my supervisor’s ability to challenge me, work ethically, and be available for me.
I hope I am able to offer the same qualities to my supervisees.
If you are interested, I'd be happy to arrange to meet so that we can discuss the details and decide if we feel we would like to work together.