Dawn Aitchison MBACP (Accred) Creating Space Counselling and Supervision
I am a qualified clinical supervisor having completed post-qualifying training in creative supervision with PTUK.
I see supervision as a shared endeavour. My approach is Person Centered and Integrative using the creative arts. I offer a psychologically safe space to explore the world of your clients and the work you are undertaking together. I aim for us to be as reflective and curious as possible using whatever method emerges and is relevant, in order for you to be able to give the best possible support to your clients.
I am passionate about the supervisory relationship and the essential part it has played in my development as a counsellor. Occasionally, I have struggled to find a supervisor who connects with the way I work, but on the whole I have been fortunate enough to have enjoyed some fantastic supervisory relationships which I believe were successful because they contained the following ingredients:
- I could be fully myself in the relationship
- There was a feeling of mutual trust, connection and openness to one another
- I was able to express myself and how I work using a variety of non verbal as well as verbal forms of expression and feel received
- My supervisor helped me grow in self-confidence and in understanding myself and the therapeutic process
- We shared an enjoyment and passion for learning which re-energised and inspired me
- I felt confident in my supervisor’s ability to challenge me, work ethically, and be available for me.
I hope I am able to offer the same qualities to my supervisees.
If you are interested, I'd be happy to arrange to meet so that we can discuss the details and decide if we feel we would like to work together.
I charge £40 for an hour and £50 for 90 minutes supervision.