Romy Graichen MBACP - Trauma-informed therapist, she/her
My goal is to help practitioners grow and develop whilst facilitating safe ethical practice.
I have been working as a Clinical Supervisor for over 15 years in various organisations that offer crisis interventions and counselling online and over the phone such as Shout and Childline/ NSPCC.
Supervising, I helped counsellors and allied mental health professionals and volunteers in frontline services at different stages of their development to learn, reflect on practice, grow as practitioners, and expand their knowledge and capacity to be able to offer best practice for their clients - whilst also supporting their own needs in the process.
In Private Practice, I enjoy working with a variety of practitioners to support their growth and learning whilst holding space for them to find their own voice and own ways of working. I want to empower you to be more available to yourself, so you can be more available to your clients.
I hold a Certificate in Supervision (Level 7) from Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy. Since then, I have enjoyed training with Robin Shohet and Joan Wilmot and my supervision practice has been largely shaped by their philosophies.
- Supervision for practitioners who work face-to-face, online (incl counselling and messaging) and via phone.
- Experience of working with children and young people in therapeutic and supervisory capacity, as well as adults.
- A wealth of knowledge and experience in crisis intervention, safeguarding and defensible decision making.
- Supervision for practitioners, trainees and allied professionals who work with young people and adults, groups and couples. I use an integrative framework to best suit the needs of clients and practitioners.
- I specialised in working with Trauma and Neurodivergence.
- I work in an inclusive manner, and welcome interest from neurodiverse practitioners, LGBTQ+Community, and ethnic minorities.