Stephanie Rotherham BA Hons MBACP Accredited Counsellor and Supervisor
Are you looking for counselling supervision to develop and safeguard your work with clients ?
I am an experienced Integrative Relational Supervisor providing supervision for counsellors, and counsellors-in-training.
I am happy to work with Individuals or Groups and meet on a bi-weekly or monthly basis. The initial session would be an exploratory session where you could discuss your individual requirements and my way of working before commiting to ongoing work.
What can you expect ?
When you work with me you can expect:
- Support in developing insight and competence with your client work
- Space and encouragementto develop your "internal supervisor"
- Opportunities to explore your work with differing client needs
- Space to safeguard integrity and creativity in your client work
I believe that an open, empathic and supportive relationship between counsellor and supervisor is essential for safe and creative client work, which will enhance and develop the therapeutic relationship you have with your clients. My aim with each supervisee is to provide the following qualities within the supervisory relationship:
- A sense of appreciation and understanding of your objectives when working with a client, including valuing your personal sense of the work.
- Safety to express fears, doubts and difficult feelings arising from your client work, facilitating the exploration of difficult transferential dynamics and potential blindspots within the therapeutic relationship. A space where you can relate your felt experiences within the room and explore their potential meanings.
- Mutuality, openness and creativity in the supervisory relationship allowing for the exploration of thoughts and idea's.
- Gentle questioning and challenges about your practice. A trust in the supervisors commitment to safeguard the ethics of the work
I am a qualified supervisor and as well as working in Private Practice I run Supervision groups at the West London Counselling Centre. I have been working as a Psychotherapeutic Counsellor in the NHS since 2009 and in Private Practice since 2013. I am an Accredited member of BACP and abide by their ethical code.
Supervision Sessions and Fees
I offer supervision face to face and work with both individuals and groups.
Fees for individuals are £55 per hour. Fees for groups are arranged by negotiation. I offer a limited number of concessionary places for students.
To find out more or book an initial session, contact me on 07712 532247 or click on the link at the top of the page to email.