I give supervision to counsellors and psychotherapists. I consider that supervision should be a working alliance that is formative, informative and supportive. The dialogue with supervisees is a way for two colleagues to relate to each other and a place where I don't hesitate to share my own experience.
My integrative background allows me to examine these different aspects:
- the relationship between the therapist or counsellor and their clients
- transference, counter transference and co-transference
- the developmental needs of the clients
- use of the main metaphors that characterise clients
- exploration of impasses when they occur
- respect for boundaries
These elements provide the necessary holding and support that supervision should ideally give. I respect the different approaches within a framework of boundaries and ethics.
I practise in accordance with the UKCP Code of Ethics and Practice, ensuring that I work in a safe and trustworthy way. My work with supervisees is itself supervised under the rules and regulations of the UK Council of Psychotherapy.
I offer supervision to individuals fortnightly or monthly.
Session (50 mins): £50
Session (90 mins): £65