I have experience of supervising counsellors in private practice and school based counsellors which has provided me with extensive knowledge about child protection issues. I also have experience of working within organisations which has given me a depth of understanding of how organisational complexities and cultures can impact on counselling.
My experience includes working with individuals but also extends to working with groups. I aim to provide a collaborative approach to supervision by supporting the supervisee to gain increased awareness of themselves, their work and how they impact on their clients.
Choosing a supervisor who understands the supervisees theoretical orientation is extremely important. I work from an integrative approach which has been supplemented over the years with additional therapies. I therefore have a broad understanding of many approaches which include Person-Centred, Existential, Psychodynamic, CBT, Mindfulness CBT, Gestalt, Transactional Analysis, Solution Focused Brief Therapy and creative ways of working with adults and children.
- BACP Accredited Counsellor
- Diploma in Consultative Supervision (University of Wales Newport)
- Masters Degree in Counselling (University of Wales Newport)
- Certificate in Counselling (Coleg Gwent)
My standard rates are:
- £50 per hour for individuals
- £60 per hour for groups
- Fees are negotiable and concessions are available for students