- Counselling Directory - Find a Counsellor Near You>
- Diploma in psychodynamic counselling
Diploma in psychodynamic counselling
This is a well established work-based clinical training which we have provided for over 25 years. The course leads to a professional qualification and provides the clinical and theoretical elements of the training as a psychodynamic counsellor. The course includes theoretical and ontological seminars, tutorial sessions, self-awareness groups, supervision and workshops.
This three year part time training combines theoretical understanding and clinical practice. All trainees on this programme are provided with a clinical placement within GCS's Clinical Service and clinical supervision of this work is an integral part of the course and is provided on site. The Diploma is accredited by BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council).
The course commences in the middle of September each year.
The training programme includes:
- A clinical placement within our counselling service (avoids the difficulty of trainees finding their own suitable placement).
- Regular supervision of the clinical work.
- A pathway to registration with the British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) as a psychodynamic counsellor.
GCS is a unique and special place to train, offering high quality therapeutic training, supporting you every step of the way.
We welcome those with a Certificate in Counselling Skills award or equivalent at Level 3. Entry is through an application process and interview.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01453 766310.