I have many years experience working in the caring professions, I completed a post graduate diploma in Social Work and spent time working with the elderly and disabled.
In recent years I decided to train in psychotherapy after experiencing the benefits of this process for myself. As I have been through therapy myself, I know how difficult it can be to begin this process, but have also experienced the great benefits. I like to work using our relationship, and do this in a warm and empathic way. I believe that the therapist and client come together as a team to work through issues that may stand in the way of you reaching your potential. Through the training, I have mainly used Transactional Analysis, but also have some experience working in a solution-focussed way and like to work integratively as each person is an individual who may like to work in a different way.
As a therapist I offer one-to-one confidential counselling and psychotherapy. I am experienced in working with clients who are struggling with:
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship issues
- Childhood issues
- Stress in the workplace
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bsc Sociology
- Diploma in Social Work (Dip SW)
- TA 101
- Postgraduate Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy (A level 7 course, comparable with a Masters.
- BACP Individual Member
I have trained at the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy for 4 years, completing 480 training hours. I am also a member of the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy, where I have regular supervision with a Certified Transactional Analyst.
I also have an interest and have past experience of working with clients with Dementia and the families of people with dementia.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- £40 per session
I currently have two appointment options available to any potential clients:
I have a private room within the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy, based in Chorlton, with sessions available on Wednesdays.
Alternatively, I am also able to see clients at my home in Ashton-under-Lyne, and have sessions available on Thursdays.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|