Hello, thank you for taking the time to read my profile.
I have been counselling for a number of years now and am very lucky to say 'I love my job'.
I enjoy being with people and spending time in their company.
I provide a comfortable, non judgmental and confidential environment in which you can feel safe to explore the issues that are confronting you. I know how important it is to be listened to when we are feeling vulnerable. I am both compassionate and passionate about the work I do- I want the very best for my clients.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in counselling sills and theories.
- Certificate in couples counselling
- Certificate in working with adult survivors of abuse
- Certificate in working with complex trauma
I have a up to date DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
I work in a busy Doctors surgery as an in-house counsellor in addition to my private practice. I have worked in an NHS setting for a number of years and have supported clients with a range of needs. These have included suffering with stress, anxiety, low self-esteem, low confidence, the effects of trauma, bereavement, domestic violence, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, bullying, PTSD and coping with chronic illness and pain.
I am also a tutor at a college where the students are training to become counsellors.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£30 per hour.
£40 per hour for couples.
Concessions for students.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||No|
Although the counseling room is on the ground floor there is a large step into the premises.
I can be available at a range of time throughout the day including weekends and evening to suit your convenience.
Types of client