Tolis Marinos Pg Dip MBACP MAC
I am a Person Centred registered Psychotherapist /Counsellor with over 30 years experience in supporting individuals in achieving an understanding of their experiences, deciding for themselves what they need and make changes in their lives that can feel authentic and lasting. I work in a safe, non-judgemental, confidential and sensitive way with clarity and insight. I have experience in relationships, trauma, depression, stress and anxiety, long-term illness and bereavement. My work is evidence based and informed by neuroscience.
Sometimes we struggle with our past or a situation or relationship(s) and feel stuck in patterns that no longer work for us. This can be frustrating, confusing and self-defeating. Sometimes leads to depression, addictions or anxiety. Our therapeutic alliance can help you to explore and understand your feelings, thoughts and behaviours. A safe, confidential place to be yourself and deal with the issues.
I am a trained Person Centred psychotherapist (Higher Professional Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy) and I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I see each client to be unique and so is my approach. I have worked both as part of a team (One Vision Counselling and Wandsworth Association of Psychotherapists) and in private practice. I am in regular Supervision with an experienced Psychotherapist and regularly attend Continued Professional Development. I work in close support with a distinguished award-winning psychiatrist if the need arises and have a network of highly qualified, trusted colleagues to whom I may refer you if I have no availability.
I have worked both in the corporate world as well as a Coach at Work for a London University, dealing with staff issues, occupational health, long term illness, maternity and alcoholism. I am also a member of the Association of Coaching. My aim is to build an alliance that is warm, supportive, solution focused, open and collaborative that your voice is heard and respected. This way you can get to know yourself, your dreams, needs, inner conflicts, fears and ways of relating to others. You can reflect on those and keep what works for you or change it. I also teach Coaching and train New Coaches.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have found that as a counsellor there are 6 things that make me an effective "therapist". These are experience, regular training, robust Supervision, strict adherence to the BACP code of Practice, focus on Self Care and the love for my clients, Counselling and healing.
I have been supporting people making changes in their lives for over 30 years, worked for One Vision Counselling and Wandsworth Association of Psychotherapists.
- Higher National Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Cert in Working with Anxiety and Panic attacks
- Certificate in working with Survivors of sexual abuse
- Cert in Attachment matters
- Cert in Attachment informed Psychotherapy
- Cert in Fundamentals of Psychosynthesis
- Certificate in Behaviour & Habits Change
- Cert in Systemic family constellations
- Cert in the Shape of Trauma
- Cert Working with Bereavement and Loss
- Cert in Eating disorders
- Cert in Understanding Suicide and Suicide Prevention
- Cert in Focusing Oriented Psychotherapy
- Certificate in working with Anxiety and Panic attacks
- Certificate in working at Relational Depth
- Advanced Certificates in Psychological Coaching,
- Certificate Performance Coaching,
- Certificate Problem Specific Coaching and Counselling,
- Cert in Management Coaching and Mentoring
- Cert in Stress Coaching
- Working at Relational depth
- Mindfulness based Stress Reduction ( MBSR)
- Pg Dip in Business Studies
- Research topic: Addiction and 12 steps
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Emigration / Immigration and its effects
- Identity after major life changes
- Retirement (actual or pending)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
I practice in two locations.
a) In Oxford Circus in Central London (postcode W1W) Oxford Circus, Goodge Street and Great Portland Street, Bond Street are the and the nearest tube stations and charge is £75
b) in Crystal Palace/ Sydenham (postcode SE26) Crystal Palace and Sydenham are the nearest overground/ train stations and the charge is £40.
The difference is due to the cost of premises in Central London.
Reduced fees for students and trainees.
My research has been on Addiction / Alcoholism and the 12 steps, I have worked with many clients who have gone to rehab and want support during the early stages of their recovery. We have worked collaboratively to build a strong foundation for their recovery and future life. Dealing with the underlying issues of addiction/ alcoholism is the main focused our work.
I also work with clients who face long term illness or disability and the challenges that it brings in their lives. Our work is based on self care, boundaries and exploring potential and self belief.
i welcome clients who are hard of hearing.
- Also registered with Life Coach Directory
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I particularly welcome clients who live with long term illness or are hard of hearing.
I see clients both daytime and evenings Mon- Friday and mornings only on Saturdays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|