I am a professionally qualified Integrative Therapist and have been practising since 2010. I am a registered member of BACP. During the past 8 years I have worked with children and adults of all ages. I have supported clients working through a range of issues from Generalised Anxiety Disorder, depression, work related stress, bullying, bereavement and loss, trauma, low self esteem and anger.
Counselling gives me the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives equipping them with the tools and skills to develop self awareness and enhance decision making.
I am located in the village of Culmore within easy reach of the city of Derry.
Training, qualifications & experience
- B. Ed
- M. Ed (Distinction)
- National Counselling Cert (Distinction)
- Dip.(HE) Counselling(Distinction)
- Addiction Awareness-Theory and skills
- Transgenerational Transmission of Trauma
- Counselling Children (Theory and Use of Creative Techniques)
- Suicide Prevention-What Works?
- Anger, Rage, Relationship-Sue Parker Hall
- Equality and Diversity
- Safe Talk
- Safeguarding Children and Young People
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Taming The Trauma (helping children heal through evidence-informed creative interventions, with Paris Goodyear Brown)
- Treating Generalised Anxiety and Panic Disorders
- Winning the Worry Wars (creative interventions for anxious children and young people with Paris Goodyear Brown
- Playing Matters with Brenda Meldrum
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£40.00 per 50 minute session
£35.00 (Student counsellor)
As the mother of six children and a Secondary School teacher for thirty four years I bring the experiences and skills gained from these roles into the counselling room.
I am an adopted person who traced my birth mother and siblings in 1995. I found this whole journey both empowering and healing. The experiences of this time in my life inform my practice in the counselling room.
I have been counselling for eight years and truly love my work. I am a warm and friendly person and it is my belief that the relationship between counsellor and client is paramount. The approach I use is integrative which means I draw interventions from various theories such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Rogers Person-Centred, Psychodynamic. This enables me to keep the client and his/her needs central to the counselling process.
I have extensive experience working with children and adults of all ages. My work with children has taken me to a number of schools in the North West area.
I find working with children is fun, and educational. A lot of my work in this field is experiential and highly rewarding.
Equally I have found my work with adults just as rewarding.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
There is a good bus service from city centre and a bus stop located 170 yards from these premises.
Monday 7.30- 9.30pm
Tuesday 8pm -9pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|