Dr Tim Devine (Clinical Psychologist)
I am a Clinical Psychologist with over 20 years NHS experience working with Adults with a broad range of emotional difficulties. I have specialist interests in work with adults struggling with occupational stress and over-eating. I offer proven approaches, tailored to your individual needs. I am sensitive to Spiritual needs.
I use a range of evidenced-based psychological approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 1994- 1997 Newcastle University Bsc Hons Psychology 2:1
- 2001-2004 Oxford Doctoral Course in Clinical Psychology
- 1999-2000 South West London and St George’s NHS.Trust HCA and Assistant Psychologist
- 2000-2001 Redford Lodge Medium Secure Unit , Partnerships in Care. Assistant Psychologist
- 2004-2007 Poole Psychology Team, Primary Care and CMHT- Band 7, Dorset Health Care University Foundation NHS Trust
- 2007-2009 Southampton Assertive Outreach Team and Inpatient Rehab- Band 7, Southern Health NHS Trust
- 2009-2014 Community Recovery Service, Bournemouth CMHTs and Acute Inpatient Services, Band 8a, Dorset Health Care University Foundation Trust
- 2014- 2017- Royal Stoke University Hospital Cancer Psychology Service Band 8a. North Staffordshire Combined Health Care Trust
- 2017-Present Tier 3 Specialist Weight Management, Derbyshire Community Health Services
- 2017-Present Independent Clinical Psychology Practice
Consultation and Training Facilitation:
- 2016- ACT – 2 Day Introductory Course. North Staffs Combined Health Care Trust
- 2014- 2016 Level II Psychological Supervision for Specialist Cancer Nursing Staff
- 2013- Clinical Advisor Dorset Mindfulness Centre and Cofacillitator of Mindfulness Space Workshops
- 2012- Inpatient Staff Supervision and Reflective Practice
- 2011- BPS Conference Cognitive Remediation Therapy Presentation
- 2011- MSc Foundations of Clinical Psychology- Recovery and CBT Workshops
- 2008- Third Wave In AOT BPS Conference
- 2008-2010 Reflective Practice Southampton AOT
- 2009-2010 CBT Psychosis Training- CRS and THORN PSI
Trainees: Staffordshire and Exeter Training Course, CBT Therapists, Clinical Psychologists, & Specialist Cancer Nurses.
Groups: Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for Cancer, Community Mental Health Team DBT Skills; Acute Inpatient Services Emotional Coping Skills; Mindfulness for Psychosis; ACT groups
- 2016 -ACT for Palliative Care- 1 day
- 2013 - DBT 10 day Accredited Course
- 2010 - Cognitive Remediation Therapy- 3 Day plus supervised practice
- 2008 - Yoga Teacher Training (Mindfulness)- 18 months
- 2009 - ACT Experiential for Staff- 2 day
- 2008 - CBT Psychosis Diploma -1 year
- 2007 - MBSR/MBCT- 8 Week Course
- 2005 - ACT Experiential Workshop plus 1 year supervised practice
Values and Achievements
I value approaches which allow me to adopt a collaborative, human and holistic approach to supporting my clients. I value compassionate understanding, and being mindfully present for clients and colleagues.
I have extensive experience in developing and sharing psychological formulations individually and in teams in order to develop effective interventions, as well as support reflective practice.
I have provided psychological services to the Oncology department at Royal Stoke University Hospital. I gave support to clients suffering from complex emotional distress linked to their experiences with cancer and offered consultation and clinical supervision to colleagues within the service.
I have worked with clients, their families and carers through very significant adjustments, with people who experience psychosis, depression, anxiety and complex personality challenges. This includes working through trauma and loss as well as physical health problems.
I am passionate about the application of Mindfulness within therapy, clinical practice and within the community. I have served as Clinical Advisor for the Dorset Mindfulness Centre, which serves to support the practice of Mindfulness. This passion led me to learn how to apply Mindfulness through training as a Yoga teacher.
Working as a limited resource across a number of services has led me to be able to develop services efficiently, work autonomously and safely. I have developed and applied a practical understanding of systems and organisations in order to function successfully within pressured and complex environments. I have developed experience in training and team facilitation through presenting Mindfulness workshops for clients and staff, provided team supervision, reflective practice and through leading away days. I have taught on a number of courses and spoken at conferences. I am experienced in supervising both multidisciplinary colleagues and Psychologists.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Also offer support for people with life limiting illness.
Please contact me to discuss fees.