Dr Tim Devine (Clinical Psychologist)
Creative Holistic Space
The Old School House
I am a Clinical Psychologist with over 17 years NHS experience working with Adults with a broad range of emotional difficulties. I have specialist interests in work with adults struggling with physical ill health, including life-limiting conditions, and with adults with workplace stress. I am able to offer proven approaches, tailored to your individual needs.
I use a range of evidenced-based psychological approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 1994- 1997 Newcastle University Bsc Hons Psychology 2:1
- 2001-2004 Oxford Doctoral Course in Clinical Psychology
- 1999-2000 South West London and St George’s NHS.Trust HCA and Assistant Psychologist
- 2000-2001 Redford Lodge Medium Secure Unit , Partnerships in Care. Assistant Psychologist
- 2004-2007 Poole Psychology Team, Primary Care and CMHT- Band 7, Dorset Health Care University Foundation NHS Trust
- 2007-2009 Southampton Assertive Outreach Team and Inpatient Rehab- Band 7, Southern Health NHS Trust
- 2009-2014 Community Recovery Service, Bournemouth CMHTs and Acute Inpatient Services, Band 8a, Dorset Health Care University Foundation Trust
- 2014- Present- Royal Stoke University Hospital Cancer Psychology Service Band 8a. North Staffordshire Combined Health Care Trust
Consultation and Training Facilitation:
- 2016- ACT – 2 Day Introductory Course. North Staffs Combined Health Care Trust
- 2014- 2016 Level II Psychological Supervision for Specialist Cancer Nursing Staff
- 2013- Clinical Advisor Dorset Mindfulness Centre and Cofacillitator of Mindfulness Space Workshops
- 2012- Inpatient Staff Supervision and Reflective Practice
- 2011- BPS Conference Cognitive Remediation Therapy Presentation
- 2011- MSc Foundations of Clinical Psychology- Recovery and CBT Workshops
- 2008- Third Wave In AOT BPS Conference
- 2008-2010 Reflective Practice Southampton AOT
- 2009-2010 CBT Psychosis Training- CRS and THORN PSI
Trainees: Staffordshire and Exeter Training Course, CBT Therapists, Clinical Psychologists, & Specialist Cancer Nurses.
Groups: Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for Cancer, Community Mental Health Team DBT Skills; Acute Inpatient Services Emotional Coping Skills; Mindfulness for Psychosis; ACT groups
- 2016 -ACT for Palliative Care- 1 day
- 2013 - DBT 10 day Accredited Course
- 2010 - Cognitive Remediation Therapy- 3 Day plus supervised practice
- 2008 - Yoga Teacher Training (Mindfulness)- 18 months
- 2009 - ACT Experiential for Staff- 2 day
- 2008 - CBT Psychosis Diploma -1 year
- 2007 - MBSR/MBCT- 8 Week Course
- 2005 - ACT Experiential Workshop plus 1 year supervised practice
Values and Achievements
I value approaches which allow me to adopt a collaborative, human and holistic approach to supporting my clients. I value compassionate understanding, and being mindfully present for clients and colleagues.
I have extensive experience in developing and sharing psychological formulations individually and in teams in order to develop effective interventions, as well as support reflective practice.
I have provided psychological services to the Oncology department at Royal Stoke University Hospital. I gave support to clients suffering from complex emotional distress linked to their experiences with cancer and offered consultation and clinical supervision to colleagues within the service.
I have worked with clients, their families and carers through very significant adjustments, with people who experience psychosis, depression, anxiety and complex personality challenges. This includes working through trauma and loss as well as physical health problems.
I am passionate about the application of Mindfulness within therapy, clinical practice and within the community. I have served as Clinical Advisor for the Dorset Mindfulness Centre, which serves to support the practice of Mindfulness. This passion led me to learn how to apply Mindfulness through training as a Yoga teacher.
Working as a limited resource across a number of services has led me to be able to develop services efficiently, work autonomously and safely. I have developed and applied a practical understanding of systems and organisations in order to function successfully within pressured and complex environments. I have developed experience in training and team facilitation through presenting Mindfulness workshops for clients and staff, provided team supervision, reflective practice and through leading away days. I have taught on a number of courses and spoken at conferences. I am experienced in supervising both multidisciplinary colleagues and Psychologists.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Also offer support for people with life limiting illness.
Photos & videos
Please contact me to discuss fees.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wednesday and Fridays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|