Counsellor MBACP (Accred)
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Hello, how are you?
If you’re looking for counselling it’s likely that you’re experiencing something in your life that’s overwhelming or distressing, or maybe you want things to be different and you’re not sure how to make changes.
I can offer you the opportunity to explore your thoughts and feelings in a confidential space where you won’t be judged. Having the opportunity to be heard and feel supported will enable you to understand more about yourself, where you are in life and what you want from it. We’ll work through the things you bring to counselling together, working towards your personal aims and empowering you.
I’m a fully qualified counsellor, an accredited member of the BACP and have several years’ experience. I offer counselling for a wide variety of life events and challenges, including bereavement and loss, anxiety, feeling low or depressed, low self-esteem and relationship issues. I also have significant experience working with trauma and abuse, including childhood sexual abuse.
When you feel ready to talk, I’m here to listen.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Accredited member of the BACP. This means I have undertaken additional work to satisfy the criteria set out by the BACP to demonstrate I work to a high standard and deliver effective therapy.
- Additional training and experience working with Cruse Bereavement Support.
- Additional training in childhood abuse (including sexual abuse). Significant experience working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse with S.H.E. UK.
- Lived experience of dementia and neuro-diversity
- I'm a Person Centred Therapist which essentially means you as a client are at the centre of our work together. You decide what to bring to therapy, what you want to achieve and you set the pace of the work. Our work will be ethical and boundried, but there are no set expectations, just the offer of a space for you to explore your thoughts and feelings and move towards your personal aims.
- I also have additional training in embodied therapy.
- I recognise everyone is individual and that different things work for different people. I offer the opportunity to work verbally or more creatively, using other resources and embodied exercises if you wish to.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £34.00 to £40.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
- Sessions are £40 for fifty minutes.
- Initial assessment £20
- Bank transfer and cash accepted.
- Reduced rates available for NHS employees, care workers, over 65s and trainee counsellors, please ask for details
- I offer a free 15 minute telephone consultation if you have any questions or you're unsure if counselling is right for you
- Counselling sessions are normally held weekly on the same day and time each week, though your individual needs and commitments can be accommodated.
When I work
I can be contacted any time via text or email for enquiries, I currently offer sessions on Mondays and Wednesdays between 8am and 8pm, plus weekday evenings.
- I offer sessions on weekdays, daytime and evening appointments available.
- Both venues I use for sessions are comfortable and private, ground floor rooms are available if this suits your needs.
- At Mansfield there is free on-site parking and additional free roadside parking. There is a bus stop close by and it is easily accessible from Mansfield town centre.
- At Chesterfield there are a number of car parks accessible for the venue and easily accessible via public transport as it is in the town centre