Hello, welcome. How are you?
If you’re looking for counselling it’s likely that you’re experiencing something in your life that’s overwhelming or distressing, or maybe you want things to be different and you’re not sure how to make changes.
I can offer you the opportunity to explore your thoughts and feelings in a confidential space where you won’t be judged. Having the opportunity to be heard and feel supported will enable you to understand more about yourself, where you are in life and what you want from it. I won’t give you advice, we’ll work through the things you bring to counselling together, working towards your personal aims and empowering you.
I’m a fully qualified counsellor, an accredited member of the BACP and have several years’ experience. I offer counselling for a wide variety of life events and challenges, including bereavement and loss, anxiety, feeling low or depressed, low self-esteem and relationship issues. I also have significant experience working with trauma and abuse, including childhood sexual abuse.
When you feel ready to talk, I’m here to listen.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, qualified for six years.
- Additional training in childhood abuse (including sexual abuse). Significant experience working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse with S.H.E., a local charity.
- Additional training and experience working with Cruse Bereavement Support.
- Accredited member of the BACP. This means I have undertaken additional work to satisfy the criteria set out by the BACP to demonstrate I work to a high standard and deliver effective therapy.
- I'm a Person Centred Therapist which essentially means you as a client are at the centre of our work together. You decide what to bring to therapy, what you want to achieve and you set the pace of the work. Our work will be ethical and boundried, but there are no set expectations, just the offer of a space for you to explore your thoughts and feelings and move towards your personal aims.
- I recognise everyone is individual and that different things work for different people. I offer the opportunity to work verbally or more creatively, using other resources and embodied exercises if you wish to.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 per session
- Sessions are £40 for fifty minutes.
- Initial consultation £20 for thirty minutes.
- Bank transfer and cash accepted.
- Counselling sessions are normally held weekly on the same day and time each week, though your individual needs and commitments can be accommodated.
- I offer sessions on Mondays and Wednesdays, daytime and evening appointments available.
- The space I use for sessions is warm and comfortable, a ground floor room is available if this suits your needs.
- There is free on-site parking and additional free roadside parking. There is a bus stop close by and it is easily accessible from Mansfield town centre.