Dr Suzanne Davies
I am a Chartered Clinical Psychologist and provider of independent clinical psychology services based in Bromsgrove and have more than 14 years experience working in the NHS. I now work exclusively in private practice. I work with adults of all ages and offer a highly professional and confidential service offering assessment, therapy, supervision and consultation. I am committed and enthusiastic about helping people to achieve their goals and make the changes they would like to in their life. My practice is informed by the evidence base and I engage in regular continuous professional development (CPD) and supervision.
I offer an integrative, individualised approach to therapy using aspects of cognitive-behaviour therapy (CBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), compassion-focussed therapy (CFT) and solution focussed therapy (SFT). Difficulties that I can help with include: anxiety, depression, difficulties relating to physical health difficulties, low self-esteem, and interpersonal difficulties.
I am also able to provide thorough and detailed neuropsychological assessments for the purposes of diagnosing dementia and am able to carry out Mental Capacity Act assessments with working-age and older adults.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy) – University of Birmingham
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) – University of Nottingham
- Diploma in Applied Psychology (Dip. App. Psy.)- University of Nottingham
- Bachelor of Arts Psychology (B.A., Hons.) – University of Nottingham
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist with Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol) with the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Member of the Division of Clinical Psychology of the BPS
- Member of the Division of Neuropsychology of the BPS
- Associate Fellow status within the BPS (AFBPsP)
- Enhanced DBS clearance and professional indemnity insurance
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Psychological therapy and assessment sessions typically last 50 minutes. Fees are £90 or £100 (through private health insurance).
I can offer appointments during the day on Monday to Friday and on alternate Wednesday evenings and Saturdays.