Dr Susanna Taggart
Everyone needs support sometimes. Working with a clinical psychologist can help, whether you have a mental health issue, feel stressed or overwhelmed, or are struggling to get what you want out of life.
I believe psychology can improve everyone's quality of life. My aim is to work in a collaborative, compassionate way to help reduce distress, develop your ability to manage any ongoing difficulties and help you develop a more meaningful and valued life. As a Clinical Psychologist, I use evidence-based treatments and draw on the recommendations of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE guidelines). Put simply our sessions will aim to reduce unhappiness and increase fulfilment.
What issues can therapy help with?
Evidence-based research shows that psychological therapy can help with a range of issues and diagnoses including:
- Anxiety, depression, post-natal depression, trauma, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD),
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), health anxiety, eating disorders, phobias,
- Pain management, grief and loss, adjustment disorders,
- Unresolved childhood issues,
- Interpersonal or relational issues,
- Feeling sad, stuck, lost, unhappy or unfulfilled.
Types of therapies I provide
I am trained and experienced in providing a number of therapies including:
- Third-Wave Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT),
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) for trauma and PTSD,
- Mindfulness including Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT),
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT),
- Mindfulness Self-Compassion (MSC),
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT).
Before our first meeting, I recommend we have a phone call to discuss how you hope therapy will help you. If we’re a good match, we’ll arrange a face-to-face consultation. This will be an opportunity of us to discuss your issues further and agree the best course of action. This consultation may be the start of a series of sessions or a one-off with signposting to appropriate services. If you have any questions or would like a phone discussion, please get in touch via my website.
What to expect
In our first meetings we will discuss your issues, where you need support and what changes you would like. We will agree a treatment model that suits your needs and an initial number of sessions before reviewing progress. Appointments are typically weekly at an agreed time and day.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and am trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Third-Wave Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Mindfulness Teacher Level 2, Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC), Compassion Focussed Therapy (CFT) and others.
I am a qualified Clinical Psychologist. I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and abide by my governing body’s rules and regulations.
With more than 10 years’ experience in the NHS, I have treated people with a wide range of diagnoses and issues including depression, anxiety, trauma, PTSD, phobias and interpersonal difficulties. I use evidence-based treatments to find an approach
that suits the individual.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Self-funded £90 per 50-minute session. Prices for medical insurers may vary.
Based in Leatherhead, Surrey. My therapy rooms are easily accessible by road or rail within the Surrey area. The train station is a 10-min walk away. There is an NCP car park nearby at Swan Lane (cash or app payment).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||English only|
Mondays and Fridays
Types of client