Susan Price. Dip.Couns. MBACP
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile.
I began my training to become a counsellor late in life after many years of working with families and children I always felt that with a little help and support and the opportunity to talk about our fears, stresses and anxieties with another person our lives can maybe be a little bit easier.
Over the years I have worked in many different environments but always with people and I am constantly amazed by their courage, resilience and perseverance in the face of fear, pain and often unbelievable circumstances.
Enabling people to find these, often hidden, elements of their personality has driven me as a counsellor and through this work I have met many amazing people who have inspired me in all areas of my own life.
Please contact me if you want more information I will be happy to talk to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - CPCAB
Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory - CPCAB
Foundations of Systemic Practice Application and Skills - The Association for Family Therapy
Advanced Diploma in Childcare and Education - CACHE
Thirty five years experience of working with families in many different settings, Local Authority/Community and Voluntary Organisations, Social Services and Education.
Previous experience of working as a Bereavement Therapist, HIV Counsellor and Family Worker.
- Integrative Therapist, Person Centred Therapeutic Counsellor and CBT Practitioner.
- Therapy and counselling for anxiety, relationship concerns, emotional stress, fearfulness, self harm, eating disorders and managing day to day life....
- I attempt to offer a straightforward way of working which is both practical and supportive and offer a realistic and less stressful way of thinking and coping with emotions and anxieties.
- At our first meeting we will discuss what is driving you to seek out counselling and how I might be able to support you with this. I can tell you more about me, my practice and how I relate to people. I am very much about communication and I have a very flexible and down to earth approach to counselling.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
£45.00 Individuals - 1 hour
Negotiable if unwaged
Always happy to be contacted by email or phone with any questions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day & evenings. But please call because I can be flexible
Types of client