Sue is a member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists). As an integrative therapist Sue works with clients to explore mind, body, emotion and soul, believing that if any of these parts of self are out of balance, our whole being can be affected. Sue works alongside clients to identify how connected or disconnected these parts of self care, which can aid in the unravelling of the root cause of the problem. Issues may present through anxiety, depression, mental health, stress, and lack of fulfilment. Sue integrates Person Centred, CBT, Gestalt and Transpersonal Techniques to help clients access their deep inner world where the client can recognise and resolve their problems.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Sue is currently in private practice working from home, face to face, via zoom and phone. Sue also is volunteering at a drink and drug rehab support centre. Sue runs alongside counselling work yoga and pilates classes and is a reiki healer and tarot reader.
- Present - 2021 - Level 5 Diploma in psychotherapeutic counselling, Devon and Cornwall Hub
- 2018 – 2020 - Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, Devon and Cornwall Hub
- 2018 – 2019 - Listening Skills level 2, Ocean Key, Plymouth
- 2017 – 2018 - Listening Skills level 1, Ocean Key, Plymouth
- 2019 - Tarot Reader Professional
- 2020 - Yin Yoga Teacher
- 2015 - Karuna Reiki Master Teacher, Phonix Wings, Plymouth
- 2014 - Helix Healing, Yeovil
- 2012 - Level 3 Teacher Diploma in Pilates Matwork
- 2011 - Level 3 Teacher Diploma in Yoga
- 2010 - Usui Reiki Master, Totnes Natural Healing Centre
- 2009 - Reflexology level 3 Diploma, Plymouth College
- 2009 - Level 2 Usui Reiki, Totnes Natural Healing Centre
- 2008 - Level 1 Usui Reiki, Totnes Natural Healing Centre
- 2005 - YMCA Exercise to Music Award
- 2004 - YMCA Gym instructing Award
- 2001 - Plymouth MDEC – manual data entry
- CERTIFICATES / CPD
- 2020 - A Day On Trauma, Centre Of Excellence
- 2020 - Understanding Narcissism, Devon and Cornwall Hub
- 2020 - How to do Counselling Online, corona primer, Open University
- 2020 - Being Assertive, CIMSPA Developmental
- 2020 - Active Listening, CIMSPA Developmental
- 2020 - Feeling Stressed, try mindfulness, CIMSPA Developmental
- 2020 - Introduction to Well Being, CIMSPA Developmental
- 2019 - Shamanism for Therapeutic Professionals, Devon and Cornwall CounsellingHub
- Thriving and prospering during changing times, Devon and Cornwall Counselling Hub
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a lot of experience in childhood trauma, emotional and physical abuse and addiction.
Sue uses her intuition and shares it with sensitivity, understanding, clarity and healing during psychic readings, and facilitates a safe space for counselling sessions where clients can feel open to share their experience in a validating, empathic and confidential environment. Sue offers Reiki Healing for emotional and physical healing.
Sue’s background in the fitness industry now focuses on Yoga and Pilates classes where all levels of ability are accommodated. Sue’s professionally recognised for delivering helpful supportive work in groups and one-to-one sessions in gyms, the community, at home and online.