Sonia Alexander MBACP
I am a psychotherapeutic counsellor and a member of the BACP. I use a range of therapeutic models, my foremost consideration being to adapt my approach to best serve you.
People come to me for a range of issues including stress, depression and relationship difficulties. Sometimes people want help because they have a feeling of hopelessness that they can’t make sense of or simply that they feel stuck.
I provide a safe and confidential space to explore your thoughts and feelings, develop self awareness and identify the best way forward for you.
The therapeutic relationship can give you:
- Greater insight into your beliefs and ways of being.
- Clarity on your particular issue and strategies to deal with it.
- New ways to relate to yourself, other people and situations.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2018 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling with Distinction - Northern Guild, Jesmond.
- 2012 - 2017 Bereavement Visiting to those recently bereaved via Hospice Care North Northumberland
- 2012 Bereavement Training - Hospice Care North Northumberland
- 2003 PGCE Secondary Education
- 2002 BA (Hons.) Degree Philosophy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Sessions are £40.
Sessions are usually weekly for 50 minutes but there is flexibility depending on individual needs. The cost is £40 a session. I offer both short and long term therapy. In our first session we can meet and discuss what you are looking for and ask any questions. We can then decide whether we wish to proceed with more sessions.
I am available on Fridays 9am-1pm at the Belford Medical Practice. I work from Alnwick on Mondays 5pm-8pm and Wednesdays 3pm-8pm
I also offer home visits to those who may struggle to leave the house for some reason, for example, due to disability. I welcome you to get in touch if you have any questions. I endeavour to respond to all voicemail/email messages within 24 hours.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon- 5-8pm Weds - 3-8pm Fri 9am - 1pm
Types of client