Sheila Kleinmann MBACP
Sometimes life doesn't seem fair, we can feel overwhelmed, confused, anxious and sad, lost and vulnerable. Whatever you may be struggling with step by step I will be with you, to help bring about a calmness and balance to your life. I am experienced in many areas and I can offer you a safe and confidential space to explore your difficulties and together we can make a difference.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR FIRST SESSION
The counselling I offer, is a space to explore and untangle your difficulties and areas of your life that are troubling you, so that you can become more clear and start to make sense of your life and how you want to move forward.
Friends or families may be supportive, but it is sometimes difficult to confide in the people closest to you.
My approach is one of a caring and empathic nature where you can feel safe and be listened to and not be judged. I will strive to understand your world with warmth, patience and compassion.
I am open to everyone - Clients come to see me from all walks of life. I will work at your pace in a non-directive approach, providing you with the chance to share your story and thoughts whilst enabling us to work together through your feelings and thoughts and find the right path for you to take
I am a Person-Centred Counsellor - I am a Registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy) I also hold a BACP Certificate of Proficiency and Couples Counselling Certificate
I am passionate about my work and adhere to the professional and ethical framework and code of professional conduct which assures confidentiality, equality and diversity to which I am fully committed.
Any information is in the strictest of confidence according to the Data Protection Act of 1981
My approach is one of a caring and empathic nature where you can feel safe and be listened to and not judged.
At times we seem to be living in the 'Fast Lane' - too many hurdles to climb over - Allow yourself to change - Gift yourself with Change and Healing
Sometimes it helps to say things out loud. It can take a lot of courage to make that first initial step. Please get in touch
MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
To make an appointment or ask any questions please either telephone me on 01926 737872 or Mobile 07867743094 or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sessions take place in Leamington Spa and there is plenty of on-street parking and I am on the local number 1 bus route, which stops very close by to me
I may be with someone when you try to contact me and therefore not able to answer my phones, but please leave me a short message and a number that is safe for you and I will ring you back as soon as I can
I do short and long term counselling.
Face to Face : On Line Counselling : Telephone Counselling : Skype/FaceTime Counselling and I will also consider Home Visits if it is more convenient for you
I work with individuals and also couples
Training, qualifications & experience
Training, Qualifications & Experience
- Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Registered on the BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- ABC Diploma in Person Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy
- ONC in Complicated grief with Adults
- OCN in Complicated Grief in Children & Adolescents - Level 2
- Training in CBT
- Cruse Bereavement Care Training & Counselling
- Training in Complicated Grief with Children and Adolescents
- Training in Complicated Grief with Adults
- Training and Counselling with Domestic Abuse
- Experience with Bereaved Adults, Children & Adolescents
- I work with Grief and Complicated Grief before and after the death of a Loved one with Adults, Children & Adolescents
- Facilitator at Bereavement workshops for Children aged 4-12 years & Adolescents
- Experience working as A Victim Support Volunteer in the uk
- I have also volunteered overseas with street children, helped at Orphanages and counselled Single, Abandoned young mums in Vietnam
- Working with children who are struggling, when parents are separated or divorced
- I have a Public Liability Insurance and full DBS check for the protection of vulnerable adults and vulnerable children & adolescents
- As part of the BACP Ethical Framework I attend regular supervision to ensure safe and effective practice
- Since graduating I continue to study, both formally and informally, and to undertake a range of professional development activities.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Complicated bereavement - Adults, Children and Adolescents
Help with What to do 'After a Death'
Help with Children struggling when parents have lost a partner, either through death, separation or divorce
Domestic Abuse/Violence : male and female clients accepted
Sessions cost £45 for 1 hour
Couples £65 for 1 hour
CONCESSIONS are available for Students and Counsellor's in training and anyone that is suffering a hardship @ £35 for 1 hour
Concessions offered for
As part of the BACP Ethical Framework I attend regular supervision sessions to ensure safe and effective practice.
I hold a current DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Certificate for the protection of vulnerable Adults, Children & Adolescents.
I am fully insured with my own Professional Indemnity Insurance
I have been Counselling now for 15 years and before becoming a Counsellor, I ran my own practice as a Holistic Therapist for around 20 years - this included Reflexology, Aromatherapy massage, Indian Head massage, Reiki and Hopi Ear Candling