Sharon Wilson MBACP
Hello, My name is Sharon
I offer a professional, friendly and confidential counselling service in the Southport area.
I am fully qualified and experienced counsellor whose core approach is person-centred. I may use different approaches depending on what is best for the client.
Person-centred counselling is based on the quality of the relationship between the counsellor and client, and the importance of empathy, honesty trust and respect. I believe that if you, the client, are offered a genuine, warm and understanding counselling relationship you will be able to work through your problems, make your own choices and fulfil your potential. I strongly believe in this and strive to work alongside you to provide a relationship that is based on respect and trust. I aim to provide an environment where you will not be judged and can explore whatever is on your mind in a safe and secure place.
I am located within The Dairy Holistic Hub, 91A King Street, Southport. PR8 1LQ.
Free parking is available on Duke Street and other nearby roads.
Training, qualifications & experience
Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic counselling
- Level 3 Counselling Skills.
- Level 2 Counselling Concepts Certificate.
- Pre Trial Therapy training by Trust House Lancashire.
- Working with survivors of Rape, Sexual Violence and Sexual Abuse by Trust House Lancashire.
- Transactional Analysis 101 Certificate.
- Mindfulness training.
- Working Therapeutically with Parts of the Inner Child.
- Cruse Bereavement Support foundation course.
- CBT Training.
- Mental Health at Work Training.
- Managing Stress Training.
- British Red Cross First Aid Certificate.
- Enhanced DBS Certificate.
- I have experience as being a counsellor for an organisation that supports those affected by Rape, Sexual Violence or Sexual abuse within childhood.
- I have experience of being a bereavement counsellor within a national organisation.
- I have experience of being a counsellor in a community counselling and training trust.
- I have extensive experience working within the Samaritans organisation.
I attend regular monthly supervision.
I continue my personal development on a regular basis ensuring that I continue to learn and am up to date with current research.
My membership of Professional Organisations include:
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Initial 30 minute consultation - FREE
Subsequent 1 hr sessions - £35 each
Appointments are available weekdays/Evenings/Weekends
Counselling can be short or long term depending on your requirements.
Counselling students own personal therapy £20 per session
Home Visits available by arrangement
- I am a Registered Member of the BACP and hold Public Liability Insurance.
- EAP work Undertaken.
- If i am unable to answer your call, please leave your contact details and i will get back to you as soon as i can.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|