Sharon Wilson MBACP
Hello, My name is Sharon
I offer a professional, friendly and confidential counselling service in the Southport area.
I am fully qualified and experienced counsellor whose core approach is person-centred. I may use different approaches depending on what is best for the client.
Person-centred counselling is based on the quality of the relationship between the counsellor and client, and the importance of empathy, honesty trust and respect. I believe that if you, the client, are offered a genuine, warm and understanding counselling relationship you will be able to work through your problems, make your own choices and fulfil your potential. I strongly believe in this and strive to work alongside you to provide a relationship that is based on respect and trust. I aim to provide an environment where you will not be judged and can explore whatever is on your mind in a safe and secure place.
I am located within The Dairy Holistic Hub, 91A King Street, Southport. PR8 1LQ.
Free parking is available on Duke Street and other nearby roads.
Training, qualifications & experience
Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic counselling
- Level 3 Counselling Skills.
- Level 2 Counselling Concepts Certificate.
- Pre Trial Therapy training by Trust House Lancashire.
- Working with survivors of Rape, Sexual Violence and Sexual Abuse by Trust House Lancashire.
- Transactional Analysis 101 Certificate.
- Mindfulness training.
- Working Therapeutically with Parts of the Inner Child.
- Cruse Bereavement Support foundation course.
- CBT Training.
- Mental Health at Work Training.
- ZOOM Online training
- Online Counselling training
- Managing Stress Training.
- solution foccused short term therapy
- British Red Cross First Aid Certificate.
- Enhanced DBS Certificate.
- I have experience as being a counsellor for an organisation that supports those affected by Rape, Sexual Violence or Sexual abuse within childhood.
- I have experience of being a bereavement counsellor within a national organisation.
- I have experience of being a counsellor in a community counselling and training trust.
- I have extensive experience working within the Samaritans organisation.
- I have experience of working within Large EAP's specialising in telephone counselling
I attend regular monthly supervision.
I continue my personal development on a regular basis ensuring that I continue to learn and am up to date with current research. I hold full public liability insurance
My membership of Professional Organisations include:
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Initial 30 minute consultation - FREE
Subsequent 1 hr sessions - £35 each
Appointments are available weekdays/Evenings/Weekends
Counselling can be short or long term depending on your requirements.
Counselling students own personal therapy £20 per session
Home Visits available by arrangement
- I am a Registered Member of the BACP and hold Public Liability Insurance.
- EAP work Undertaken.
- If i am unable to answer your call, please leave your contact details and i will get back to you as soon as i can.