Sharon Dodd Counsellor/Family-Couple therapist/CBT therapist
Feeling lost or that somehow despite your best efforts you don't quite fit in, or you feel unfulfilled, or that something is missing and you find yourself searching for something that you can't quite put your finger on?
Perhaps you find yourself feeling empty, stuck, angry, frustrated, anxious, depressed, hurt, sad or overwhelmed?
Or you find it hard to make and/or keep relationships, and when you do, find yourself misunderstood, judged, or repeating unhelpful patterns of behaviour?
Maybe counselling could help.. maybe I could help?
I am a qualified counsellor/Family-couple therapist/CBT therapist and qualified clinical supervisor PGCert, BSc, Adv Dip, Dip, MBACP.
Benefits of counselling:
You are accepted by me - the counsellor for who you are.
- I can offer a supportive, non-judgemental and confidential setting in which you can explore any issue.
- I can help you see issues more clearly and from different perspectives.
- I can help you express your feelings and come to terms with past experiences.
- I can help you take control of you life and choices and become more assertive.
- I can help you improve communication and relationships with yourself and others.
- I can help you build self-esteem and self-confidence.
How I work:
I embrace working with individual's, couples and families whereby, through creating a warm, caring, safe, non-judgmental, and empathic environment; you find a space where you feel heard and listened to. Ultimately, the aim will be for you the client, to feel empowered to find and implement strategies and resolutions to the challenges you face.
Until recently, I spent 25+ years working in the Business arena, so I have an understanding of the difficulties faced by those also working in this field.
As a child, partner, sister, mother and friend to others, I also have experienced the challenges we face in maintaining our relationships and trying to juggle all the roles we find ourselves with.
I never felt truly fulfilled in my previous working role so, I have spent the last 12 years retraining as a therapist (BSc (Hons) Psychotherapeutic Integrative counselling).
During this time I have worked in the East Midlands in a voluntary and paid capacity with a number of charities/agencies offering support services and therapy to survivors of child/adulthood rape and sexual abuse.
During this time, I have worked with all genders, ages and diversity. I have developed a deep awareness and understanding of sexual, emotional, mental and physical abuse and its impact for the individual and their family and friends.
I have also developed a deep understanding and experience of working with trauma and PTSD, bereavement, depression, mental health and anxiety and the relational dilemmas which clients and or their family and friends may experience.
I also provide supervision to both trainee and qualified counsellors both in an agency setting and through private practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Supervision.
- PGCert- Systemic and Family Psychotherapy
- PGCert – Health and Social Care – Recovery Focused Practice and Psychological therapies with Psychosis
- BSc (Hons) Integrative Psychotherapeutic counselling (UKCP accred)
- Adv Dip Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Dip Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural therapy
- Advanced Certificate in Counselling
- Intermediate Certificate in Counselling
- An Introduction to Counselling
- Essentials in supervision (BPS accred.)
- Online counselling – Web and Audio
- Introduction to Play Therapy
- Introduction to Filial therapy
- Using Creative Arts in therapy
- Play as a healing tool
- Counselling children and adolescents
- Intro to Systemic thinking and practice
- OCN Loss and Grief – Bereavement
- Working with Rape and Sexual abuse in child/adulthood
- NSPCC Child Protection Awareness Program
- Foundation level - Protective behaviours
- Working with self-Harm
- Suicide awareness
- Working with anger
- Working with trauma and PTSD
- Youth Offending Team- Supporting and Working with Children and Young People
- Youth Offending Team – Supporting and Working with Parents and Families
- An overview of the Solihull approach
- An overview of the Thrive approach
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Currently all sessions are held online using Zoom.
I can provide the details and links to using this app providing you have a mobile phone or P.C/laptop that will run this type of app.
Individual - £40.00 per session (60 mins)
Couples - £50.00 per session (60 mins)
- £65.00 per session (90 mins)
Families - £65.00 per session (90 mins - upto 4 attendees)
Students - £25.00 per session (50 mins)
Trainee counsellors - £25.00 per session (50 mins)
*Care workers/Key workers - £25.00 per online session (60)mins - for the next 6 months.
Students - £25.00 per session (60 mins)
Qualified therapist - £40.00 per session (60 mins)
Concessions offered for
I offer both short term and long term therapy.
As I am unable to answer the phone when I am working please contact me either via email or leave me a voicemail and I will endeavour to get back to you within 24 hours.
I am a registered member of the BACP, AFT and PTUK and adhere to their ethical framework, this includes attending regular supervision to ensure I practice ethically and safely.
Underpinning my practice is an awareness of the importance of a multicultural and equal opportunity approach to my work. I recognise the importance of understanding an individual/s narrative and behaviour in context of their race, religion, gender, class and sexuality.
I embrace, fully acknowledge and value how an individual’s cultural and moral beliefs may inform and lead to goal achievement. How family, community, religion, society and political beliefs may underpin goals and goal setting. I feel it is my role to maintain a sensitive curiosity, whilst being able to hold the tension that these factors may create for the individual/s.